What's new

AC2300 QoS speed and stability issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Azguz

Occasional Visitor
Hi all, I've been having issues with QoS enabled on my AC2300 and Merlin 380.66_6 (recently updated to beta code _7)

When i have QoS enabled, gaming and custom, i've noticed disconnects from my Aris Comcast provided gateway (in bridge mode). Comcast will be out here, and the issues have just recently started. I assumed here for the past 3 weeks comcast was at fault, however im a little unsure now. Seems like since it has gotten hotter out, i've had issues with the ISP. however disabling the QoS on my router has improved the speed and stability, but its 20:24 now, so it could still be heat related. Regardless i wanted to get a thread started here in case there is an issue on the router that someone else had issues with. I still believe it is comcast, as i've pulled speeds on a script i wrote (speedtest.net) as low as 2.9 mbps and as high as 497 mbps! I have Blast, which promises 200 mbps down (lousy 12 up). To me, this indicates a filter issue on the ISP, however im unsure why at least at this time Q0S has seemed to stabilize it?

*disclaimer - had another child on the 2nd of july here and haven't been home or worked on this much. If anyone has seen this or suggestions to resolve - please... cause i don't have the time at the moment. Also going to look up the steps to revert the router back to a different build if at all possible. If someone has the link, i'd appreciate the saved time. im thinking about buying the 5300.... not the GT5300... so i'd like to reset my 3200 if i sell it. Thanks in advance, i'll check back in while looking this up as well....

disclaimer - had another child on the 2nd of july here and haven't been home or worked on this much.

Might not solve the routing problem...

Congrats on the little one - the family additions are perhaps more important.

Get some sleep if/when you can - tomorrow will be busy ;)

Might not solve the routing problem...

Congrats on the little one - the family additions are perhaps more important.

Get some sleep if/when you can - tomorrow will be busy ;)
Thanks brother, i dont remember it being this hard the first time around...

Sleep is in my future... i can't focus anymore and the DB i needed to move for work is done. i'll update this tomorrow once the comcast lacky tells me he cant find any issues :)

is your modem in bridge mode

is your modem in bridge mode

yes, of course it has to be or i get double nat'd. plus my plex server doesnt get out, DDNS doesnt register and my VPN to good ole canada wont work.

the update is, and sorry i was sleeping most of the day; the guy came ran all new lines to everything per my request, changed the GFL filter and the splitter, ran a new line from the pole to the house - i made the poor contractor work for his money today.... he must have been a little PO'd at me cause he left me without internet... so there is a line tech scheduled to service this within 24 hours. i'd consider the QoS thing a wash and it was most likely my ability to find issues in something there is no issues to be found. until i know for certain my cable is 100% noise free, we all should chalk this post up as closed :) sorry for the false alarm, although i am on the beta now too...

i'll downgrade again when i know comcast is running as intended. until then im shopping fios and will only post back if i continue to have any issues thereafter. thanks again all...