What's new

ac2400 vs ac1900

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Elior Zeno

New Around Here
Hey !

I got the AC2400 and just won AC1900P - I noticed that my AC2400 struggle and can do just around 700Mb when on stock speed - the AC1900P should handle it, right ?

Last edited:
It is impossible to know what exactly you are asking as your post makes no sense.

Write full a proper description of your problem ,what router models and firmware you are using.

The RT-AC87U on Asuswrt-Merlin 384.12 I got can do WAN2LAN upto 700Mb/sec while cpu @ 100%.
Can the RT-AC1900P do 1Gb/sec WAN2LAN ?

Again, write what MODEL of ROUTERS you are referring to - just AC87 is not enough, what router is the AC1900?

And by the way AC1900 and AC2400 only covers a theoretical wireless performance - has noting to do with WAN2LAN.

Again, write what MODEL of ROUTERS you are referring to - just AC87 is not enough, what router is the AC1900?

And by the way AC1900 and AC2400 only covers a theoretical wireless performance - has noting to do with WAN2LAN.
What he have wrote in first post he is using "AC1900P" router. :eek:

RT-AC87U -> max theoretical throughput on AC 1733Mbps (4 streams, 80MHz)
RT-AC1900P = RT-AC68U -> max theoretical throughput on AC 1300Mbps (3 streams, 80MHz)

In real conditions both routers will do the same thing and are supported by Asuswrt-Merlin.

Reactions: Gar
No its not an AC68, same in EU and elsewhere in the world!

There are RP-AC68U, RT-AC68U, DSL-AC68U and probably even GT- or BRT- types and instead of U there can be W/P/A/.... all very different models!
And sometimes they are named RT-AC1900U or similary.

WAN speed may be limited by those slower processors, you have to test them.
Turn on HW-acceleration to get full speed on both.

No its not an AC68, same in EU and elsewhere in the world!

Actually, RT-AC1900P is exactly the same hardware as RT-AC68U and the firmware for both is the same. There is no difference in specifications as per ASUS either. Different models in this case are for marketing purposes only. My own RT-AC66U was labelled as RT-AC1750, in some countries RT-AC86U is marketed as RT-AC2900 and so on. Versions P and W are also the same device. P is black, W is white.

Last edited:
Actually, RT-AC1900P is exactly the same hardware as RT-AC68U and the firmware for both is the same. There is no difference in specifications as per ASUS either. Different models in this case are for marketing purposes only. My own RT-AC66U was labelled as RT-AC1750, in some countries RT-AC86U is marketed as RT-AC2900 and so on. Versions P and W are also the same device. P is black, W is white.
What do you want to tell me with your reply?
Fact is AC2400 or AC1900 is NOT a router name but only some kind of summarized theoretical Wifi-speed, used by other companies too.
And 'AC68' can be 3 completely different Asus products.
TM-AC1900 is same HW too, but NOT supported here!

It is essential to know exact product type for answering.

It is essential to know exact product type for answering.

Correct. Elior Zeno in post #3 is talking about RT-AC87U and RT-AC1900P. Those are exact ASUS router models. :)

I believe he edited the posts after and this is what caused the confusion. Now we know what exactly hardware he has.