What's new

ac2900 ethernet only

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sn1199

New Around Here
I just spent 4 hours trying to make a repeater connection on the 2900 and realized my other cell wifi router wouldn't connect until I added the 2900 Mac address to its list!! anyway I want to make this connection but I only want to use the ethernet LAN port on the 2900...not a wifi connection..
How should I go about making a connection like this???thanks

Don't use repeater mode.

Use AP mode instead.

I mean I do need to use the wifi on the 2900 to connect to the cell router..my cell router
is old and won't hardwire to another router...but I would like to only use the ethernet ports
out of the 2900 for now...still think I should use AP..??if so why?

4620 Novatel Mifi from Verizon.btw I just spent another hour and couldn't get a repeater or AP connection going.I thought the MAC address thing fixed it but no.And I can only get back to router.asus.com if I reset the router.Garbage.Asus doesn't make it easy.
It better go ok when I hook up the fibre in Sept. Thats why I bought the 2900 anyway.

If you need LAN connection only on this ??-AC2900, it's not the Repeater Mode, but Media Bridge. Asus made it very easy, actually.

bm didn't work either. Do you think when I plug the ONT into the WAN and do the setup
the usual way, that I will have any trouble??

You need to provide more details about your ISP, equipment and intentions. I don't even know the exact router model you have. There is GT-AC2900 and RT-AC2900. Not very clear what is this cell router used for at the moment.

RT-AC2900 is just another name of the popular RT-AC86U. On this router both Repeater Mode and Media Bridge work with no issues. If you have Ethernet connection between your ONT and ISP router, you may replace the ISP router easily. Folks around use many different ISPs and may give you advice what you need to do. Just share details about your ISP and equipment, if you need help.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!