What's new

ac2900 RT ac86u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tom edwards

Occasional Visitor
Hi.
I'm quite new to the forums but just wondered if someone could help with some issues I'm having with my router. I recently accidentally blocked all users to the router via the Asus phone app and unfortunately couldn't access it myself to unblock everyone in house,so I reset the router back to factory settings and set it back up.
However I'm having issues with router dropping devices out, such as TV which is right next to router and various other devices such as ps4 etc.
Not being super technical,can someone guide me as to what I can look for to alleviate these issues?
I can access all settings via my phone app.
Thanks

Recommend you not use the phone app.

After resetting the router back to factory defaults, did you import a saved backup config file or did you minimally and manually configure the router to secure it and connect to your ISP?

What firmware are you using on the router?

Hi.
I'm quite new to the forums but just wondered if someone could help with some issues I'm having with my router. I recently accidentally blocked all users to the router via the Asus phone app and unfortunately couldn't access it myself to unblock everyone in house,so I reset the router back to factory settings and set it back up.
However I'm having issues with router dropping devices out, such as TV which is right next to router and various other devices such as ps4 etc.
Not being super technical,can someone guide me as to what I can look for to alleviate these issues?
I can access all settings via my phone app.
Thanks

My 86U install notes can help.

OE

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!