What's new

AC3100: After Factory Reset, How do I get back in?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jtmpush18

Occasional Visitor
I have done the factory reset for the ASUS AC3100, several times.
I have tried the 30/30/30 method, and I have tried the WPS method.
After that, I get the power led, the wifi led, the internet led (red because I haven't attached a modem), and the wan led. I also get on my adapater a IP4 address of 169.254.105.10, and a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0. Blank for default gateway.
How do I get into the web interface of the router to start modifying it?
I've tried to set the default gateway to no avail.
(Sorry for the simple question, I'm still learning...)

I have done the factory reset for the ASUS AC3100, several times.
I have tried the 30/30/30 method, and I have tried the WPS method.
After that, I get the power led, the wifi led, the internet led (red because I haven't attached a modem), and the wan led. I also get on my adapater a IP4 address of 169.254.105.10, and a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0. Blank for default gateway.
How do I get into the web interface of the router to start modifying it?
I've tried to set the default gateway to no avail.
(Sorry for the simple question, I'm still learning...)

Connect your PC to a router LAN port. Make sure the modem is never connected to a router LAN port. Browse to 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.50.1. and login admin admin.

OE

Connect your PC to a router LAN port. Make sure the modem is never connected to a router LAN port. Browse to 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.50.1. and login admin admin.

OE
Yes, I tried that.
Any other tricks?
The fact that it shows up as 169.254.x.x means that it's not getting an IP from the router. No DHCP. Therefore no gateway, no 192.168.1.1.
I've tried flashing the router twice, once with Merlin and once with Asus.
Same problem.

Stop doing a 30/30/30 on it. You are putting into recovery mode and taking it out of recovery mode three times.
Set a static ip on your pc. 192.168.1.9, 255.255.255.0, 192.168.1.1. Set a continuous ping, ping 192.168.1.1 -t
Turn off the router and hold the reset button in till the power led flashes and your ping responses are ttl=100. Then use the asus firmware restoration tool or tftpd32 to upload the firmware.
If the original IP address of the router according to the bottom label is 192.168.50.1 then adjust the static ip accordingly.

All this is done disconnected from the modem, pc to LAN port.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!