What's new

AC3200 slow speeds over wireless

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ngerasimatos

Regular Contributor
I am getting increasingly frustrated with slow speeds over my AC3200. I have tried various firmware versions, resetting the router after each upgrade or downgrade. I am using the router in AP mode only as I have a Ubiquiti Edgerouter Lite handling the routing.

Hard wired connections I am getting about 800M down/up (I have a GB connection) but with wireless, no matter which channel I use I cannot break past 300M down/up.

I see frequent disconnects but no error logs. This happens on all channels and frequencies as I mentioned previously.

I am not sure if it's defective hardware or what. I considered putting it into router mode but think that would be silly to double NAT.

Pretty frustrated. I have only had issues with the AC3200. All other ASUS routers have been good.

Last edited:
what client wireless adapter are you using ? and what speed is it syncing at , open the local area connection for the wireless adapter and look at what speed its reporting

what band are you connected to and what channel is it set to , if smart connect is on disable it and set 3 different named ssid's and test again connecting to the 5 gig high band

Last edited:
what client wireless adapter are you using ? and what speed is it syncing at , open the local area connection for the wireless adapter and look at what speed its reporting

what band are you connected to and what channel is it set to , if smart connect is on disable it and set 3 different named ssid's and test again connecting to the 5 gig high band

I'm testing using multiple end points, clients. Android phones, Mac laptop, Windows laptop, Linux laptop, various hardware. Hard wired connections work fine. I don't have Smart Connect enabled since it's pure junk. I have 2G band set to wireless N only, everything else set to default. Other 5G radios are set to N/AC with defaults. They all get about the same speeds /throughput. The ASUS shows a 1G connection to the Ubiquiti. All clients are showing fast connections, for example using the Mac in the same room shows its connection at over 1000m/s.

OK. I disabled every setting in the wireless professional section and things are moving much better. I'm getting better range and overall better performance on all of my devices regardless of type and location in the home.

What gives? I could enable then one by one and see what is causing the problem but I don't have the patience for that anymore as it's been exhausted.

Maybe I'll tinker with it again next week when I have a day off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OK. I disabled every setting in the wireless professional section and things are moving much better. I'm getting better range and overall better performance on all of my devices regardless of type and location in the home.

What gives? I could enable then one by one and see what is causing the problem but I don't have the patience for that anymore as it's been exhausted.

Maybe I'll tinker with it again next week when I have a day off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

After much testing, I determined that the issue seems to be when I have too many devices on the 2.4G network it causes problems with both of the 5G networks. I disabled the 2.4G network (I don't use it anyway, even though my devices like to connect to it as it has the same SSID as the other two 5G networks) and the router is substantially more stable.

Another great benefit is my Bluetooth range is substantially better and more stable as well. I have a Samsung R5 speaker in my office (link below) and previously it would disconnect and it was not stable. It now works considerably better. No more random disconnects.

link: http://www.samsung.com/us/video/home-audio/WAM5500/ZA

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!