What's new

AC59U looses all data from traffic monitor when restarted

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

robby1001

New Around Here
1. hey kindly looks into this and help, i have this Asus router AC59U and it looses all data when it restarts, problem is i am using ISP which is known for adding fake data usage and i am wanting check entire month usage but cant, since when ever router restarts it looses all data, it could be due to power cut or i may restart it.

2. Also it seems to getting hot a bit and has lost bandwidth range by 50% on 5ghz, when i connected few smart plugs ( around 4) to it on 2.5ghz i am not sure why its happening with it. There been no other change to this router other than adding smart plugs, which just switch lights on and off at particular time ! For eg: fire stick was getting solid 390mbps network speed before now it fluctuates between 260mbps to 390mbps, this was after i actually had to move it more closer.
asus router data usage vs act fake data.jpg

Last edited:
1. hey kindly looks into this and help, i have this Asus router AC59U and it looses all data when it restarts
This is normal, Asus only stocks the data in RAM, it does not survive reboots.

aww :( can u tell me Mr. Merlin :p, if this data reported by asus router is accurate as my isp is reporting double what is reported by this router, and my isp is known to add fake data, many users have that issue !

aww :( can u tell me Mr. Merlin :p, if this data reported by asus router is accurate as my isp is reporting double what is reported by this router, and my isp is known to add fake data, many users have that issue !
I don't know if it's accurate for this specific model and your specific environment. On some models there are occasional spikes that get incorrectly registered. Asus has also had to make a few adjustments over the years to properly handle VLAN traffic as well.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!