What's new

AC66U - Merlin 376.45 Firmware - Slow on 2.4ghz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JoshFink

Occasional Visitor
I posted this in the AC forum and then realized it should probably be here. I didn't see the option to move it myself.

My wife has been telling me for weeks that her internet was slow. She works on her laptop and only on wireless. I kept testing from my wired computer, DOH! and kept telling her she was crazy.

Regardless, I finally broke down and checked and low and behold on the 2.4 frequency we get about 1.5 - 3Mbps down and on the 5ghz we get 55Mbps.

I figured rather than taking her laptop over and over I would just use my iPhone 5S. Same issue.

So something is up.

I did a site survey and found 2 networks around it on Channel 1 but with low signal. Regardless, I moved the channel to 11.

Wireless Mode : Auto
Channel Bandwidth : 20/40
Control Channel : 11
Extension Channel : Below
AuthN Method : WPA2-Personal
Encryption : AES

Transmit Power 100%

According to the signal strength on the laptop I'm getting:
RSSI -56
Noise -95

I'm about 8 feet away right now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Josh

drop your 2.4 GHz channel bandwidth to 20 Mhz only, never set it at 20/40, too much interference.

drop your 2.4 GHz channel bandwidth to 20 Mhz only, never set it at 20/40, too much interference.

This seems to work better. Thanks..

I'll monitor it throughout the day.

Josh

EDIT : Arggh.. Right after I tried it again and I'm getting speed test issues. Maybe I'll see about dropping back down to .43.