What's new

AC68 WAN to LAN speed problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Col_panic

Occasional Visitor
I recently got Google fiber (woohoo) and have an AC68 running Merlin 374.43. I've successfully gotten rid of the Google network box and have the public IP at the AC68. When I do speed tests I consistently get 350mbps down and 950mbps up. If I connect a PC directly to the WAN connection it gets 950 both ways.

I have a bunch of dhcp assignments and port forwarding but no QoS (which I know will disable hardware NAT). What else could be gimping my WAN to LAN speed but allow full LAN to WAN?

I have a bunch of dhcp assignments and port forwarding but no QoS (which I know will disable hardware NAT). What else could be gimping my WAN to LAN speed but allow full LAN to WAN?
Hi,

There is something configured which is CPU dependent and the poor ARM CPU is not capable to run it fast enough for the speed. :oops:

Do a factory reset and configure the router very basic to function (no DHCP assign, etc.) and then test it: Should run at full speed! :rolleyes:
Then configure one by one the features you need or like and test each one again: By this you will find who/what is causing the speed drop.

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

I recently got Google fiber (woohoo) and have an AC68 running Merlin 374.43. I've successfully gotten rid of the Google network box and have the public IP at the AC68. When I do speed tests I consistently get 350mbps down and 950mbps up. If I connect a PC directly to the WAN connection it gets 950 both ways.

I strongly suggest upgrading to a more up-to-date version, if only for the security issues that have been resolved since that old version.

Check the Tools -> Sysinfo page to confirm that NAT acceleration is really enabled.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!