What's new

AC68P Ethernet and one USB light on, power light off

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

crusht

New Around Here
I was away from home/family for several month during which my router failed and remotely connected to turn back on the crappy modem/router wifi back on so there was at least something. After being back for the last few days I managed to make Merlins latest firmware to work (stock latest or older didnt work) and worked perfectly for the last 3 days until this. All data lights are on, USB 2.0 is sometimes on and sometimes off. I tried all combinations of resetting with power+reset' WPS+power etc. Below picture is with nothing but power connected...Any tips?

ac68p.jpg

Can you bring it in recovery mode?
  1. Power down the router.
  2. Remove USB memory devices (if any).
  3. Press and hold the reset button, at the same time power up the router.
  4. Wait for slow flashing power LED.
  5. Release the reset button.
  6. Set your computer to a fixed IP address, such as 192.168.1.100 / 255.255.255.0.
  7. Hardwire your computer to a LAN port of the router.
  8. Start a web browser and open http://192.168.1.1
  9. This shall open the ASUSTeK - CFE miniWeb Server, from there you can Upload a Firmware File, Reboot or Restore default NVRAM values.

I was away from home/family for several month during which my router failed and remotely connected to turn back on...Any tips?
If wouterv's suggestions don't get you back on the air, suspect the power supply. Those wallwarts are much less reliable than the ASUS router itself.

I cant get it into recovery mode that I have been able to before. I checked the power supply and its a 19V, 1.75A which I cant test with anything else.... I was wondering if there was either another combination or buttons or if I wait a few days?

I checked the power supply and its a 19V, 1.75A which I cant test with anything else.... I was wondering if there was either another combination or buttons or if I wait a few days?
Without the ability to test the power supply under load, the best bet is to test it by substituting a known good one. I'm lucky -- I have 2 working AC68 routers so if one gets flaky I can swap supplies to test.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!