What's new

AC68R WAN speed slow vs AC66R

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CivHunter

Occasional Visitor
I use the AC66R with the latest merlin 376.47. I have Comcast cable with 50/15 rated speed. I get full advertised speed up and down when using the speedtest.net web site to benchmark. I purchased an AC68R router for my parents. I wanted to set it up before taking it to their house. I plugged it into a free port on my comcast modem and plugged my PC into the router. I did the intial basic setup pages on the router. Then I upgrade the firmware to Merlin 376.47. I ran a speedtest.net benchmark and only got 15/12 (tried twice). Then I used the router config page to reset the router to factory defaults. I ran additional speedtest.net benchmarks and ended up with 22/14. So upload is fine but I was only getting 1/2 the download speed. I plugged back into my AC66R and I got 50/15. Any ideas?

Thanks

Is this wired or wireless? With what device are you testing?

No problem hitting 50/11 on my connection with RT-AC68U - maybe the unit is faulty?

Try turning off the cable modem for at least 10 minutes, connect the new router, then turn on the modem and then turn on the RT-AC68R and see if the connection is improved.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!