What's new

AC68U 384.14_2 to 384.15

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sptz

Regular Contributor
Having AMTM installed etc is it safe to upgrade dirty flash to this version? Won't there be clashing with the already installed AMTM as well as its modules etc?

I'd have asked in the original thread but it's now locked.

Thanks

You should be fine. Go ahead and flash. :)

But first, what router do you have? :)

But, if you are really partial to your current configuration/scripts, make a backup.

I do not recommend restoring from backup myself. If there are issues after updating that cannot be fully resolved (ask away on the forums here as appropriate, in the proper thread), then I would simply 'Format the JFFS partition on next boot', format the USB drive on a PC and start again to have the most stable 'script' platform going forward.

But first steps first. Flash to the latest firmware and monitor your router, network, and scripts for proper operation.

You should be fine. Go ahead and flash. :)

But first, what router do you have? :)

But, if you are really partial to your current configuration/scripts, make a backup.

I do not recommend restoring from backup myself. If there are issues after updating that cannot be fully resolved (ask away on the forums here as appropriate, in the proper thread), then I would simply 'Format the JFFS partition on next boot', format the USB drive on a PC and start again to have the most stable 'script' platform going forward.

But first steps first. Flash to the latest firmware and monitor your router, network, and scripts for proper operation.

Thanks for the straightforward response. The router is in the title :D AC68U. How would a full wipe/clean flash work? What would one have to do to achieve that? Just out of curiosity. Is it just formatting JFFS partition? Or something else?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!