What's new

AC68U bricked during tomato firmware attempt.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So...No tomato for me for the time being, right? Any open source alternative not based on Asus official stuff? I'm not interested in all the "powered by mcafee" stuff.

Good to know. But if you’ve now got Merlin running on the router why would you want to flash anything else? Is there some feature you need that Asus-Merlin doesn’t have?

Good to know. But if you’ve now got Merlin running on the router why would you want to flash anything else? Is there some feature you need that Asus-Merlin doesn’t have?
Well, yeah actually. I'd like to have a proper working firewall that can block secure URLs as well as normal ones. I'm trying to block the playstation domains, and it's clearly not working. I was trying to get it done via the router, without having to spin an additional VM server just for the firewalling.

Well, yeah actually. I'd like to have a proper working firewall that can block secure URLs as well as normal ones. I'm trying to block the playstation domains, and it's clearly not working. I was trying to get it done via the router, without having to spin an additional VM server just for the firewalling.
Would the installation of Skynet and/or AB-Solution not meet your needs?

Uhhh never heard of them, TBH. I'm rather newbie on modified router firmwares. I'll take a look. Thanks!

Ok, I have a question: These scripts should install either on the JFFS or in the USB. I just got a cheapo 8GB USB stick so I don't wear out the JFSS. How should I do it in order to mount the USB permanently and install onto it?

Ok, I have a question: These scripts should install either on the JFFS or in the USB. I just got a cheapo 8GB USB stick so I don't wear out the JFSS. How should I do it in order to mount the USB permanently and install onto it?

I only installed Skynet and AB-Solution about a month ago and already I’m a bit hazy! However, I’m fairly confident in saying that the way I did it was to install thelonelycoder’s AMTM first

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/amtm-the-snbforum-asuswrt-merlin-terminal-menu-v1-0.42415/

And, once installed, you telnet/ssh into it and install Skynet and AB-Solution from inside AMTM. It really has been made so easy and foolproof for the user - a pleasure to use.

Hmmmm. So Skynet actually is an addon to the Asus firmware firewall, which already doesn't block any HTTPS website. Skynet doesn't seem to improve this. AB-Solution didn't seem to block the URLs I requested, either... My playstation downloads firmware updates the moment I turn it on :(

Seems I'll still need to figure a way to get Tomato or similar (which I believe includes a full open source firewall).

Hmmmm. So Skynet actually is an addon to the Asus firmware firewall, which already doesn't block any HTTPS website. Skynet doesn't seem to improve this. AB-Solution didn't seem to block the URLs I requested, either... My playstation downloads firmware updates the moment I turn it on :(

Seems I'll still need to figure a way to get Tomato or similar (which I believe includes a full open source firewall).
wrong. Skynet don't use http or https. They blocking using ipset. Meaning via IP directly. U can manually ban using domain name and it will be auto resolved into IP. It is very efficient and cause little stress to the router.

sh /jffs/scripts/firewall ban domain google.com #This Bans the URL Specified

Last edited:

Forgive the obvious question, and I don’t know enough about Skynet and AB-Solution, but did you blacklist the HTTPS sites you want to block?

Googled.. a lots domain name u need to block. So have u done so?

From here
  • fuk01.ps4.update.playstation.net
  • duk01.ps4.update.playstation.net
  • fus01.ps4.update.playstation.net
  • al02.cdn.update.playstation.net
  • a01.cdn.update.playstation.org.edgesuite.net
  • playstation.sony.akadns.net
  • a192.d.akamai.net
And here
post.net.playstation.net
get.net.playstation.net
fus01.ps4.update.playstation.net
feu01.ps4.update.playstation.net
deu01.ps4.update.playstation.net
ps4updptl.eu.np.community.playstation.net
tmdb.np.dl.playstation.net
themis.dl.playstation.net
sf.api.np.km.playstation.net
asm.np.community.playstation.net
artcdnsecure.ribob01.net
api-p014.ribob01.net
apicdn-p014.ribob01.net
t-prof.np.community.playstation.net
ps4updptl.eu.np.community.playstation.net
ps4.updptl.sp-int.community.playstation.net
ps4updptl.jp.sp-int.community.playstation.net
ps4-eb.ww.np.dl.playstation.net
ps4-eb.ww.np.dl.playstation.net

Just came across this discussion.
To us Merlin centric folks Skynet and my script contributions are a given goodie. Other alternate firmwares may have similar projects available to use or install but I'm sure not many are so well maintained and supported by a single coder like @Adamm and myself.
I now withdraw to my busy corner cubicle, content.