What's new

AC68U Client view list doesn't work

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Your WebBrowser console can show you where the error is
Thanks, but that's the problem--I cannot view the client list. Is there any way to correct either the the lower case MAC addresses or the router's handling of the lower case addresses?

Well, lo and behold, two of my devices show MAC addresses with lower case letters. The devices are a ring.com video doorbell and a ring.com chime. Where would I change these MAC addresses, and how do I do that?
I would change it on:
LAN => LAN - DHCP Server => Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list

I would change it on:
LAN => LAN - DHCP Server => Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list
Thanks, octopus. I changed the two devices' MAC addresses to all caps, but the problem persists.
By the way, I installed the Asus Router app on my iPhone and it works perfectly there--all the devices show up in the app. Is this a problem with the Asus interface?

gogreen1, did you reboot afterwards?

Good reminder, L&LD, but, yes, I did reboot. Same problem. Is there someone at Asus I should be contacting?

Good reminder, L&LD, but, yes, I did reboot. Same problem. Is there someone at Asus I should be contacting?
Have you any client name with unsupported sign? use letter and numbers, _ -.

No unsupported signs. All include either capital letters, numbers, or -. The router update, which appeared this morning, didn't help, either.

I've run the gamut with Asus support. To solve this problem, would it be worth trying the RT-AC68U_380.59_0.trx from Asuswrt-Merlin?

There is a newer official firmware out now.
Yes, I know. Thanks. I've been running that since it was released a few weeks ago. Still didn't fix my problem. I was hoping (am hoping) alternative firmware might do the trick.

Yes, I know. Thanks. I've been running that since it was released a few weeks ago. Still didn't fix my problem. I was hoping (am hoping) alternative firmware might do the trick.

Merlin firmware is the basically the same as stock as far as the webpage layout.
You have some other issue going on.

Have you tried uploading the same firmware twice then completely reset the router?
Have you tried different web browsers?
What browser are you using now?
Any firewall, antivirus or pop up blocker that may be blocking the pages?

If you really can not get this to work then you could go to Tomato and if you do I would recommend Shibby Tomato.

I think I'm finally getting somewhere with this problem. Thank you, KevTech.

I've tried a few reinstallations and resets. I've also tried this with the firewall off and with antivirus off. Still didn't work.

I 've tried this on Firefox, IE, and Chrome (all up to date). I can view the client list in Chrome. I cannot view the client list in IE or in Firefox. If this were a firewall problem, I'm guessing Chrome wouldn't work, either, so I'm counting out a firewall issue. I've tried it in Firefox with all my add-ons disabled and it still doesn't work. The funny thing is that on my laptop, viewing the client list works in Firefox--but not in Firefox on my desktop. I'm guessing I should focus on Firefox on my desktop for now--I don't much care whether it works or not on IE.

Could there be a Firefox setting I need to enable--or disable?

Also, and I hate to ask a dumb question, but does the Asus GUI require Java or Flash to work properly?

Last edited:
I can view it in Firefox or IE on Win 7 or Win 10 systems.

I don't have java installed and flash is disabled except if I really need it for something.

You could try making a different profile or refresh Firefox.

To refresh firefox you can see the option by typing this in the address bar about:support

Made be better to make another profile as you can then choose which one to start or delete your old one and make new default if it fixes your issue.

To make another profile, choose a profile to start with or delete a profile you need the profile chooser.

Bring up the run dialog box (windows key + R) then type in the run box firefox.exe -p

Edit: starting firefox in safe mode only disables extensions but plugins may still be enabled so you need to disable them manually to test if a plugin is the issue.

Last edited:
Thanks, KevTech. I've narrowed this problem down to Firefox, not Asus. The UI with Firefox on my laptop works perfectly. It's Firefox on my desktop PC that's the problem, so I'm fiddling with profiles now. I created a fresh profile and with it the UI works fine, so I may have to copy files from the old profile to the new one until I find the culprit--unless you have a better idea on how to do this...?

I would just use the new profile and delete the old one.
If you need your bookmarks that is in your old profile the name of the file is places.sqlite

Yeah. I'm transferring the files from my old profile to a new one so that I can find the offending file. Thanks for helping me with this problem.

I am experiencing something similar on the RT-AC3200 where all of sudden I do no see any devices. I've not found any offending MAC address yet. I've done several reboots but still no devices showing up.

I am experiencing something similar on the RT-AC3200 where all of sudden I do no see any devices. I've not found any offending MAC address yet. I've done several reboots but still no devices showing up.
Which browser are you using? Is your router firmware up to date? Browser up to date?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!