What's new

AC68U from DD-WRT to Merlin help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdCaffreyMS

Occasional Visitor
Hello!

I've been a follower of SNB for years, and have gleaned a great deal of knowledge. This is my first forum post.... because I have exhausted all other avenues.

SETUP: Home network, running 3 Asus T-Mobile hot spot devices, that have been converted to AC68U, and are running DD-WRT firmware. 1 router is the main, connected to incoming cable/modem, and the other two are further "down the line" in the network as wireless APs for other areas of my property.

SITUATION: I just recently stumbled upon/learned of Merlin firmware for Asus routers, and wanted to try it on one of the routers that currently runs DD-WRT firmware, so started searching for information. Nothing.... at least that I could find. So I first tried the Web UI, and flashed the correct Merlin firmware to one of the routers (running DD-WRT)..... it acted like it worked, and even popped up with "Successful.... rebooting" but it comes back up with DD-WRT firmware/UI. I actually tried it a couple of times...all with the same results.... DD-WRT still there. I then downloaded the Asus Rescue tool..... that's where it lost me. The firmware restoration tool does not let you specify any given router (see pic).... so I stopped there...... and am seeking help here. I simply wish to flash a specific router, just to give Merlin a try.... but just don't know how to get there....from where I am.

Attachments

• FirmwareRestoration.jpg
    FirmwareRestoration.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Thank you for that. I will say that I would have never found that via a search.... I was searching everything using "Asus RT-AC68U" terminology. Only because the labels identify the routers as "Asus", and the UI identifies them as "RT-AC68U..... Beside, I'm not running Asuswrt-Merlin on anything..... I was going to out of curiosity....but it appears that isn't an option with these devices. Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!