What's new

AC86U and GT-AC2900 syslog rc_service: dhcp6c xxxxx:notify_rc restart_ddns

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

McRookie

Occasional Visitor
Hi all.

In the sys log og my two routers I get the following line approx. every second minute totally flooding the syslog:

rc_service: dhcp6c xxxxx :notify_rc restart_ddns

I am pretty sure I did not see it some FW version back. It is normal /expected or it there something wrong with my ISP's WAN?

FW version is 3.0.0.4.386_42494

Last edited:
Any other messages in the syslog that might indicate a problem setting up IPv6 or DDNS?

Any other messages in the syslog that might indicate a problem setting up IPv6 or DDNS?
No. Only the common deauth /auth when a wifi device turn of.

Ipv6 seems to work fine though when i use an online ipv6 checker

The mesg in the log comes more precicely with 1.30 minute intervals

I think we'd have to see a complete syslog starting from the point when the router first boots up.

That is very long. From reboot to getting online is already veeery long. Is it really needed? How should i upload it ? as a file, pic or as plaint text(too long though)

The usual method is to upload the log to pastebin.com and post a link to it. We're interested in seeing the early boot entries (to make sure that's working as expected) up until the first 3 or 4 restart_ddns messages.

I have uploaded to pastebin from boot to the first couples of related restart_ddns messages. I have removed ip adresses and mac adresses (not sure if I should have done that). My native language is not english btw. So I apologize for any language errors in advance :)

https://pastebin.com/embed_js/bdxJnVnk

Thanks for the log file.

Basic question - are you actually using DDNS? Apart from the restart_ddns messages I don't see anything else suggesting DDNS is in use.

There was another discussion regarding IPv6 support for DDNS here.

Thanks for the log file.

Basic question - are you actually using DDNS? Apart from the restart_ddns messages I don't see anything else suggesting DDNS is in use.

There was another discussion regarding IPv6 support for DDNS here.
No - I am not using DDNS. The DDNS client is also disabled in the WAN settings.
It does seem that the messages do not come if IPv6 is disabled

TBH this sounds like a bug.

Maybe if you actually created a DDNS account that would stop it endlessly restarting DDNS.

TBH this sounds like a bug.

Maybe if you actually created a DDNS account that would stop it endlessly restarting DDNS.
Hmm ok. Well if it is not an issue i would bother doing it. I also have no knowledge about DDNS.

As long as this bug then dont ruin anything. But maybe it causes unneccesary power/heat.

Any other with a GT-AC2900 or AC86U with similar experience?

I could make a bug report to Asus? Would that be constructive you think? :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!