What's new

AC86U / GT-AC2900 1024QAM support

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

McRookie

Occasional Visitor
Hi Guys

I have a GT-AC2900 router and an intel 8265 wifi card. I was thinking about upgrading the wifi card to the intel ax200 or ax210 as there are very cheap. Since the router support 1024 QAM on both wifi4 and wifi5 (which is not part of wifi4 and 5 standard) can anyone tell me if these two AX intel cards support 1024 QAM on wifi4(both 2.4 and 5 GHz) and wifi5 (5 GHz) or only on wifi6 ?.

And if not. are there any wifi5 M.2 cards out there support 1024 QAM ?

br, McRookie

I wouldn't bother and would leave the Modulation Scheme set to the highest standard for each band, so MCS 7 on 2.4 GHz and 9 on 5 GHz. I found that setting the scheme higher than this caused performance issues and drop outs with various devices.

Reactions: Gar
I wouldn't bother and would leave the Modulation Scheme set to the highest standard for each band, so MCS 7 on 2.4 GHz and 9 on 5 GHz. I found that setting the scheme higher than this caused performance issues and drop outs with various devices.
I have had the scheme set for the highest the router is able to (eg. 1024 QAM) for a year now with multiple intel, broadcom, realtek and a few qualcomm chipset clients with no issues. The broadcom ones is selecting 256QAM on some of the client that support it. So I have not experienced the issues you mention.

That was the reason for maybe updating the intel client(s) to a card that support the higher QAM :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!