What's new

AC86U odd issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Revelstone77

Regular Contributor
I recently added some IP cameras to my network to work with Blue Iris. Once they were connected, i logged into each camera and set a static IP on them. The problem is, when i look in the network map, all the cameras have the old ip addresses and not the static assigned ones. I want to block internet access on the cameras but cant since the addresses dont report correctly. Any ideas?

When you assign a static IP on a device itself they often/ always don't show up in the network table on the router since the router wasn't responsible for the IP.

I would suggest you use the router to assign the camera's IP. Usually it won't hurt things if you leave the static IP address on the camera also just be sure to assign the same IP both places.

Sent from my 9024W using Tapatalk

When you assign a static IP on a device itself they often/ always don't show up in the network table on the router since the router wasn't responsible for the IP.

I would suggest you use the router to assign the camera's IP. Usually it won't hurt things if you leave the static IP address on the camera also just be sure to assign the same IP both places.

Sent from my 9024W using Tapatalk
you mean as in DHCP reservation?

think so, cant remember where DHCP lease time is set, usually it is 86400s (1 day).
So long the router will remember this lease.
Just wait 24h after you set static IP on clients, old IPs should be gone then.

I would use DHCP on clients and set static IP reservation on router for those clients.
Then they will get this IP everytime they ask for an IP.

think so, cant remember where DHCP lease time is set, usually it is 86400s (1 day).
So long the router will remember this lease.
Just wait 24h after you set static IP on clients, old IPs should be gone then.

I would use DHCP on clients and set static IP reservation on router for those clients.
Then they will get this IP everytime they ask for an IP.

I rebooted the router and they dont show up in the list at all. just manually added them all as dhcp reservations and they still dont show up. I'm so confused.

i want to block their internet access but if they dont show up in the client list i dont know how i can do that. BTW, thx for the replies!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!