What's new

AC86U reboot no connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MattyB2410

New Around Here
Hi guys need some real help here I have x2 ASUS AC86U routers set up in my house one connected to virgin media router (in modem mode) and other as a node for the AI mesh system both are running the latest firmware versions 3.0.0.4.386_44470. I have the router scheduled to reboot every morning at 4:00am to refresh things and keep her running good this used to be no problem at all until last week when every time I wake up my devices will connect but get no internet connection it will only again work once both devices are factory reset which is such a pain to do every time. How could this be a setting or something I done if even a factory reset doesn’t fix it.

Hi guys need some real help here I have x2 ASUS AC86U routers set up in my house one connected to virgin media router (in modem mode) and other as a node for the AI mesh system both are running the latest firmware versions 3.0.0.4.386_44470. I have the router scheduled to reboot every morning at 4:00am to refresh things and keep her running good this used to be no problem at all until last week when every time I wake up my devices will connect but get no internet connection it will only again work once both devices are factory reset which is such a pain to do every time. How could this be a setting or something I done if even a factory reset doesn’t fix it.

After reset, are your configuring from scratch?

You could swap your 86Us to see if the other one survives the scheduled reboot.

What is the scheduled reboot fixing?

OE

After reset, are your configuring from scratch?

You could swap your 86Us to see if the other one survives the scheduled reboot.

What is the scheduled reboot fixing?

OE
Thanks for the reply, the scheduled reboot is just for clearing cache and just a general refresh as there is so many devices on my network I find it good but I’m just wondering what the issue could be and why no connection comes in but I have full signal if it happens again could I post the log for you to have a look?

Thanks for the reply, the scheduled reboot is just for clearing cache and just a general refresh as there is so many devices on my network I find it good but I’m just wondering what the issue could be and why no connection comes in but I have full signal if it happens again could I post the log for you to have a look?

Does the connection issue affects WiFi clients only?

Maybe the 'disconnect' is happening before the reboot. I've had WiFi connection issues with the last two firmware releases. Given that, you could retry beta 9.0.0.4.386.41994 to see if the reboot/connect issue remains.

Are you sure you have to reset all to recover client connections? Toggling client WiFi OFF/ON doesn't reconnect that client?

OE

Does the connection issue affects WiFi clients only?

Maybe the 'disconnect' is happening before the reboot. I've had WiFi connection issues with the last two firmware releases. Given that, you could retry beta 9.0.0.4.386.41994 to see if the reboot/connect issue remains.

Are you sure you have to reset all to recover client connections? Toggling client WiFi OFF/ON doesn't reconnect that client?

OE
I haven’t actually tried this way, I will in the chance it happens again tonight strange how it appeared to work after the update for 2 weeks