What's new

AC86U RT Firmware 3.0.0.4.384.81918

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I wish I could say the same but I’ve been experiencing WiFi stability issues since upgrading.

Yesterday & today my iPad and my iPhone have lost internet completely multiple times since upgrading Thursday evening. Yesterday I had an instance where when connecting to WiFi on 5.0 GHz, the password was reported as being incorrect. Rebooting the router solved that issue.

Now I performed a dirty upgrade b/c I have just way too many static IP addresses that I have assigned via DHCP server & I rather not re-do them all.

I do not use ANY QoS or any kind of bandwidth profiling, etc.

My set up consists of an AC86U as a Router and an AC88U as an Ai Mesh node.

I wish I could say the same but I’ve been experiencing WiFi stability issues since upgrading.

Yesterday & today my iPad and my iPhone have lost internet completely multiple times since upgrading Thursday evening. Yesterday I had an instance where when connecting to WiFi on 5.0 GHz, the password was reported as being incorrect. Rebooting the router solved that issue.

Now I performed a dirty upgrade b/c I have just way too many static IP addresses that I have assigned via DHCP server & I rather not re-do them all.

My iPhone, iPad, Android phone and tabs well as several Win 10 and Ubuntu laptops/desktops all stable on wifi.
You might have to bite the bullet and do factory reset.

Thanks! Last night I changed the WiFi Professional settings back to their default settings and changed the control channel from Auto to 11 and 136 for 2.4 and 5.0 GHz networks. So far, so good.

View attachment 23804
AC86U Firmware Version : 3.0.0.4.384_81918

WIFI 2.4G when test speed on https://www.speedtest.net/

Still have WIFI 2.4G [ Ping time increase.... ]

normal use sometime ping time increase to 200-300 ms.
So You say that when you start speed test from computer connected to router by cable, then Your wifi 2.4GHz increasing ping time to devices in this network ?

I test my router, and speed test does not affect to ping times on my 2.4GHz network

Last edited:
My router is performing decently . It does not jump that much as previous firmware . They've done their homework lets hope itll improve even more.

Decided to take the plunge and perform the upgrade via wired connection from the GUI.

No problems to report yet but if I have any, I'll try a full factory reset with initialization before raising any concerns.

Whats ASUS doing? It's no longer on their website, just 81858 is showing..still running smooth on 81918

Whats ASUS doing? It's no longer on their website, just 81858 is showing..still running smooth on 81918

Not a great sign. They pulled one a while ago with no explanation. I'd usually associate that behavior with some kind of negative feedback from more than one user.

Been running this since release. Have noticed that my phone (galaxy s10) will sometimes lose wan access and I have to toggle wifi off and back on for it to work.

Its back up on Asus site...

Weird. Can anyone say from experience, how often does Asus post, pull, and repost firmware? Is this a one-off aberration?

OE

Try disconnecting the AC88U. Test for a few days and i bet your troubles will go away.

It shows on the website, but when you click Download it dies. I've tried the past few days. Anyone find a link that works?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!