What's new

AC87U - 376.49_5 -- Weird issue with 5GHz 802.11n

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

malikeye

New Around Here
I have a 2012 macbook pro that is having an issue with the 5GHz 802.11n network. I can connect to the router fine, but DNS is not working correctly at all. This is with an AC87U. I had an AC66R and it was working perfectly. Identical config on the router. Every other wireless device on the network seems to be working fine. Wired, of course, works perfect. I can ping by IP, but name resolution is not happening at all, for anything external. Internal lookup works fine. It's just this one laptop that is exhibiting this behavior. If I try to nslookup directly against 8.8.8.8 it stalls. Traceroute doesn't even get to the router. Again, everything else is working fine. I'm stuck not finding what the issue is here with this.

Any thoughts?

It's pretty weird. It seems that I can lookup some hostnames, but some like yahoo.com and microsoft.com timeout, while working fine on all the other devices.

My bad... Looks like some of these things are fixed in the latest ASUS firmware. I'll give that a shot and keep an eye on the merlin builds to incorporate these fixes.