What's new

AC88U taken off the Canadian market?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

parvpn

Occasional Visitor
AC88U. I don't see any canadian retailers carrying it anymore..was it taken off the market? Anyone knows?

I'm also curious. I haven't seen it available anywhere in Canada too.

I'm also curious. I haven't seen it available anywhere in Canada too.

Amazon.ca shows it plus couple other places.

Amazon.ca shows it plus couple other places.
They are third party and the price is ridiculous at $629 with $40 shipping. I am asking about fair pricing authorized dealers listing. Unfortunately your post doesn't help :(

The RT-AC3100 is available at NCIX, if you don't need the extra 4 LAN ports.

Can anyone confirm if it's officially not going to be available in Canada? Or is it just back-ordered?

My guess is that it's probably just back-ordered and market priority - with 35M very kind and polite people, they're a bit more forgiving than the 28M Texans, 38M Californians, 20M New Yorkers, and of course -- Florida with their 20M people - and don't mess with Florida :D

point taken... I was being a bit glib..

It's probably more about product forecasting for deliverables - and the RT-AC88U demand could be a bit more than Asus expected it to be - to a Product guy, it's a tough choice between empty shelves and product not moving (full shelves/stockrooms, which is even worse than empty shelves)

It's a bit of a 'tweener' being an RT-AC3100 plus more ethernet ports, and not quite the RT-AC5300 with less ports but more radios... but perhaps a bit more useful than either the AC3100 or the AC5300 by virtue of the extra ports...

I emailed asus and have no response from them on this. Why is Canada always last to get their products ?

Sent from my LG G4 via Tapatalk

I dunno - perhaps French translations for the WebGUI perhaps?

It's about availability and market sizes. Asus also tends to market different SKUs in different countries. The RT-N18U for instance is not available in North America.

I gave up and went with the 3100. I have a 16 port gigabit network switch that give more then enough options. Actually, seeing as I already had the switch... the 3100 is likely the better choice.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!