What's new

access point AC68U / AImesh. disassociation issue?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

geekwithoutacause

New Around Here
Running 3 RT-AC68U's in Access point mode w AI Mesh.. Latest Aususwrt-merlin firmware 386.7_2. Main router is PFSense.
Been having some issues with disconnects and I see this in the log. Anything I can do ?

Nov 23 09:47:03 syslog: wlceventd_proc_event(508): eth1: Disassoc 2C:AA:8E:05:47:AA, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8), rssi:0
Nov 23 09:47:14 syslog: wlceventd_proc_event(508): eth1: Disassoc 1C:53:F9:14:34:33, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8), rssi:0

edit:
also see this one:
Nov 23 09:49:08 syslog: wlceventd_proc_event(491): eth1: Deauth_ind 2C:AA:8E:05:47:AA, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3), rssi:-69
Nov 23 09:49:18 syslog: wlceventd_proc_event(508): eth1: Disassoc 2C:AA:8E:05:47:AA, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8), rssi:0

Those are normal messages. They usually indicate that the client is in standby/sleep mode or has moved too far away from the AP.

As I said, the messages themselves don't particularly indicate a problem. It's just reporting that it hasn't seen any communication from the client in a while so it disassociates it. I see them all the time for various devices when they are in standby. Things like mobile phones will periodically wake up to check for updates/notifications and then go back to sleep again.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!