What's new

Access to DSL modem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nickCR

New Around Here
Hello All,

So I just recently revamped my network. Got a Cisco RV042G switch and now have both my internet connections there. I have configured some binding rules such as 192.168.100.1 to go out via the cable connection so that I can access it externally.

The DSL modem provides my best connection but every 24 hours or so something funky happens and my ping goes looney toons. Basically my DSL gateway goes from responding at 5-8ms to 150ms...

This is obviously creating some dramatic slow downs. I don't mind going and un-hooking everything and giving it a 30 second cycle but .... I would LOVE to be able to reboot all the equipment at a software level (GUI).

I can reboot the cable modem, router, wireless router, etc... but I cannot reboot the dsl modem because I cannot access it.

Is there anyway to setup the system so I can access that dsl modem?

NOTE: I disconnected and reconnected the DSL modem from the RV042G (clicked disconnected and then connect) and it seems to have done the trick.

Thank you in advance!

Nick

Last edited: