What's new

YazFi Add support for RTSP to/from guest

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rde02v

New Around Here
Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to have RTSP flowing between networks freely. I have most of my IoT devices in guest network but some using them on the main. And for the most part it's ok to have "one-way-to-guest", but things like AirPlay sometimes require some feed back. Is that something that could be done/requested? Let me know.

Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to have RTSP flowing between networks freely. I have most of my IoT devices in guest network but some using them on the main. And for the most part it's ok to have "one-way-to-guest", but things like AirPlay sometimes require some feed back. Is that something that could be done/requested? Let me know.
One way to guest allows the guest to reply to traffic, so airplay should work with one way enabled. If you're comfortable with iptables yazfi supports user scripts which run after the main rules are applied. Check the readme for where to save the user script

Right, thank you!. AirPlay does not(really work) though. Funnily enough, I can initiate AirPlay, switch to the network where the host is accessible, then switch back to guest and have the(media) stream flow for the duration of the session. Will check out iptables. This should be a quite common thing though.

Right, thank you!. AirPlay does not(really work) though. Funnily enough, I can initiate AirPlay, switch to the network where the host is accessible, then switch back to guest and have the(media) stream flow for the duration of the session. Will check out iptables. This should be a quite common thing though.
what are you airplaying from and to, and audio or video? i have limited ios devices to test it with but I can give it a go

AirPlaying audio(either music of movie audio) from Plex(main network) to Sonos speakers(guest network).