What's new

Voxel Adding bandwidth monitoring to Voxel R7800

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes I would recommend the arris sb8200..but does not do voice telephone if you have that from your provider.
I can also recommend the Arris SB8200. I recently upgraded from a 8x4 DOCSIS 3.0 modem to the SB8200 which is 32x8 DOCSIS 3.1. I have a 150Mbps service plan which doesn't need DOCSIS 3.1, but have still seen some performance improvement. I think my bufferbloat scores improved also. I just ran the bufferbloat test linked above, and the dslreports test, and got an A on both.

Last edited:
I thought the general recommendation for the R7800 was to leave QoS disabled. Is that incorrect?
I don't know about 'general recommendation', but when my R7800 was my firewall/router on 200/30GB cable internet,
I always had QoS disabled, i never used it, and I never had issues. With multiple users, multiple streaming TV/devices/etc.
and a good number of IoT switches/plugs. Always had over 50 clients connected to it, never had issue.
(Thank you Voxel) As always YMMV.

Do you notice any difference? It should've made a huge difference to some things.
YES.
- The connection seems faster overall
- Content off pages like Facebook/Amazon/Twitter load much fast, more complete ( used to have to wait for content to load)
- Mobil uploads are much faster, used to be a delay.
- I have not confirmed it - but I am sure the kids are all much happier with the lower latency in their video games.

YES.
- The connection seems faster overall
- Content off pages like Facebook/Amazon/Twitter load much fast, more complete ( used to have to wait for content to load)
- Mobil uploads are much faster, used to be a delay.
- I have not confirmed it - but I am sure the kids are all much happier with the lower latency in their video games.
So the conclusion then is that a faster connection might not have been what you needed.
Glad to hear it was something that was relatively easy, albeit not free to fix.