What's new

Adding Entware and Removing Optware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

djtech2k

Regular Contributor
I just upgraded my AC-68U from a very old firmware, so I basically had to reset and rebuild. I had OPTWARE installed although I don't think I used it much. Anyway, I have the USB drive attached that I had OPTWARE installed on. I want to remove OPTWARE and install Entware. I know I can install Entware with the script, but what about OPTWARE? How do I remove it?

All I see is a directory on my USB drive called optware.

Rename/remove that directory, then reboot.

Rename/remove that directory, then reboot.
Thanks. When I try to delete OPTWARE or SHARE directory, it says its in use so it cannot. I am guessing there is a handle on something in there but I don't know what process has it. I am trying to find it but no luck so far.

Thanks. When I try to delete OPTWARE or SHARE directory, it says its in use so it cannot. I am guessing there is a handle on something in there but I don't know what process has it. I am trying to find it but no luck so far.

Rename it instead of deleting it.

Reboot the router without USB disk then. Once it's booted, plug it back, then move the folder.

Also make sure you uninstall Download Master, as it's probably the only thing that might be actively locking that directory (unless you installed other daemons, in which case you will have to remove them first from your start scripts).

Ok before I saw this post, I did the following:

Put the USB drive in my Windows computer and deleted all of the partitions. Put it back in the Asus and told it to format. When I try to install entware, it says it cannot find any ext filesystems so it won't proceed. I am not a Linux guy so it is giving me a headache trying to get an ext4 partition setup.

I do not know if I have download master installed or not. I doubt it. I had optware installed because I had the optware directory, but thats gone now since I removed the partitions.

Well I do not have anything to lose on the usb drive, but I do not want to mess up anything in the router config after having to redo everything.