What's new

Adguard DNS Settings issue/bug?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tdi200

Occasional Visitor

Attachments

• dns issue.PNG
    dns issue.PNG
    116 KB · Views: 100
my router is ASUS RT AC5300 for some reasons i noticed with the latest update i cant update dns settings am i doing something wrong? i wanted to add three of these lines

i also enabled DNSSEC and still had the same error
It doesn't like how you have something configured. The error message provides indication of such. It is pointing to your private upstream section. Not the main part where you have placed your Google, cloudflare, and quad9 at.

Please check out posts around this thread.

Basically, You have a non-local arpa listed in the Private Upstream section. Only arpas for private ranges can be specified there, (e.g. 1.1.168.192.arpa).
AdGuardHome has determined that you have an arpa for a non-private address range listed in this section. In order to use a non-private address arpa, you must specify it in the same upstream section where you listed these lines:

Last edited:
It doesn't like how you have something configured. The error message provides indication of such. It is pointing to your private upstream section. Not the main part where you have placed your Google, cloudflare, and quad9 at.

Please check out posts around this thread.

Basically, You have a non-local arpa listed in the Private Upstream section. Only arpas for private ranges can be specified there, (e.g. 1.1.168.192.arpa).
AdGuardHome has determined that you have an arpa for a non-private address range listed in this section. In order to use a non-private address arpa, you must specify it in the same upstream section where you listed these lines:

spot on advice this was complete user error not sure why i had these entries there: i removed them and all is well now i believe these entries were there by default
[::]:553
[/10.in-addr.arpa/][::]:553
[/9.204.in-addr.arpa/][::]:553

spot on advice this was complete user error not sure why i had these entries there: i removed them and all is well now i believe these entries were there by default
[::]:553
[/10.in-addr.arpa/][::]:553
[/9.204.in-addr.arpa/][::]:553
The top two would be fine, the one that was causing the issue is the last one. 9.204.in-addr.arpa is not apart of a private range.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!