What's new

Unbound AdGuard in unbound breaks AWS Unified Search

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Khadanja

I moved from Diversion to unbound with AdBlock and now doesn't work in AWS. Hope there is a fix or exclusion I can apply in settings.

Unified search service is unavailable
Try your search again later.​

I moved from Diversion to unbound with AdBlock and now doesn't work in AWS. Hope there is a fix or exclusion I can apply in settings.

Unified search service is unavailable​

Try your search again later.​

Have you tried reviewing the 'allowed list' in diversion and porting all or (cherry-pick) entries across to AdBlock?

Maybe even temporarily adding a wild-guess entry such as '*.aws.a2z.com' or similar might assist?

Have you tried reviewing the 'allowed list' in diversion and porting all or (cherry-pick) entries across to AdBlock?

Maybe even temporarily adding a wild-guess entry such as '*.aws.a2z.com' or similar might assist?
I have removed diversion, only using Unbound with Adblock

I've put the hosts like this in the allowhost file but still not working.
concierge.analytics.console.aws.a2z.com/search
*.aws.a2z.com

As per this post http://www.snbforums.com/threads/un...nbound-recursive-dns-server.61669/post-584624 by @juched, it should work.

Your assumption of an (almost) 17-month post that 'should work', may not be valid anymore.

Things change too fast to just assume.

wildcards don’t work as I recall. Needs to be an exact match. It simple removes any matches from the block list.
Added analytics.console.aws.a2z.com in allowhost file, works now but it didn't remove the entry from adservers file, still there -
local-zone: "analytics.console.aws.a2z.com" always_nxdomain

Added analytics.console.aws.a2z.com in allowhost file, works now but it didn't remove the entry from adservers file, still there -
local-zone: "analytics.console.aws.a2z.com" always_nxdomain
Correct. It removes it when it loads the file. It doesn’t change the downloaded file.

Correct. It removes it when it loads the file. It doesn’t change the downloaded file.
AWS unified search broke again. domain is still in allowhost file not sure what happened. Also trying to unblock mylotto.co.nz, added to allowhost file but still can't access it. What’s the difference between allowedhost & allowedsites?

Last edited:
I'm having this issue as well, with diversion.
AWS is on the blocklists (hint, hint) that are used by both, with good reason AFAIC and IMHO.
(If whitelisting isn't helping, de-blocklist AWS if you REALLY need what they're serving)

Mine is working again, had to add these two lines in allowhost file
analytics.console.aws.a2z.com
concierge.analytics.console.aws.a2z.com

What’s the difference between allowedhost & allowedsites?

FYI 'allowhost' and 'allowsites' are the correct filenames

The 'sites' files contain a list of repositories (URLs) that provide lists of hosts/domains.

The 'host' files contain explicit hosts/domains, that are subsequently excluded from their appropriate inverse expanded site repositories.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!