What's new

AdGuardHome in docker container on Rpi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Khadanja

I'm currently running unbound & AgH with dnsmasq enabled, everything is fine except that AgH interface is painfully slow due to my router RT-AC68U. I would like to move AgH to Raspberry Pi within a docker container. I have tried locally first just to test but unable to get it working. What do I need to do? I can get AgH working but what do I need to do on the router side? Do I need to shutdown existing AgH installed on router or uninstall it first? I would still like to run it with unbound. Currently I can access the new AgH interface running locally in a docker container but not sure what to change in router settings or dnsmasq.conf file or what to put in DNS setting within AgH for it to work. It works if I set the IP of new AgH server on a device manually.

Last edited:
Why run it in docker? Just install direct in the Pi along with Unbound.

Give the Pi a static IP address and then point the LAN DNS server on the ASUS to the IP of the Pi.

Uninstall Unbound and AGH from your ASUS too.

Why run it in docker? Just install direct in the Pi along with Unbound.

Give the Pi a static IP address and then point the LAN DNS server on the ASUS to the IP of the Pi.

Uninstall Unbound and AGH from your ASUS too.
My Pi already has few self hosted apps within docker so wanted to install AgH inside docker. Can I install AgH on Pi & leave unbound or router or both should be installed on same machine or docker container?