What's new

AdGuardHome AdGuardHome New Release's 2023

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It is probably limited to AX models. Some update down the road may fix the issue, only time will tell. All I can tell you was the issue was the same for the RTAX88U-PRO as well. I tried adding a moderate solution to prearguments where scribe would be restart so AGH would not bug out, but it appears that fix no longer works.
I have configured a log server on my Synology NAS. It gives me longer term log storage and archival as well as a basic search capability in order to find things that I'm looking for, especially when running Skynet with its logging enabled.

Query log was super slow for anything other than All queries, filtered, processed & blocked on RT-AC68U, little better on RT-AX86X but still slow, why is that? Blocked adult websites or blocked malware/phishing from home page takes considerable time to load. Same with filter drop down on Query log page, apart from the one's I mentioned, everything else takes longer to load. How is it for others? Tested on a pi4 4Gb & windows laptop, both are fine to load all filters super quick.

Query log was super slow for anything other than All queries, filtered, processed & blocked on RT-AC68U, little better on RT-AX86X but still slow, why is that? Blocked adult websites or blocked malware/phishing from home page takes considerable time to load. Same with filter drop down on Query log page, apart from the one's I mentioned, everything else takes longer to load. How is it for others? Tested on a pi4 4Gb & windows laptop, both are fine to load all filters super quick.
On the router, each AGH query log refresh and filter load feature change requires invoking more memory from the router, it takes longer than it would on an RPI since your router memory is already choked at about 96 to 98 percent used. AGH has to sacrifice runtime performance for the sake of memory optimizations. You are at the mercy of waiting each time. If it ran any other way on the router, then you would suffer from OOM crashes and/or severe grinding on swap memory.

Last edited:
On the router, each AGH query log refresh and filter load feature change requires invoking more memory from the router, it takes longer than it would on an RPI since your router memory is already choked at about 96 to 98 percent used. AGH has to sacrifice runtime performance for the sake of memory optimizations. You are at the mercy of waiting each time. If it ran any other way on the router, then you would suffer from OOM crashes.
If each query log and filter load feature change requires invoking more memory then how come these load straightaway, All queries, filtered, processed & blocked? These have lot more entries than say Blocked malware/phishing which only has 6 compared to 15000 + on Blocked & 97000+ on DNS queries.
Also, when it's waiting to load router memory & cpu usage remains normal on gui, RAM 60-80%

If each query log and filter load feature change requires invoking more memory then how come these load straightaway, All queries, filtered, processed & blocked? These have lot more entries than say Blocked malware/phishing which only has 6 compared to 15000 + on Blocked & 97000+ on DNS queries.
Also, when it's waiting to load router memory & cpu usage remains normal on gui, RAM 60-80%
If only you were there when people were experiencing OOM situations just hitting the query log refresh button while running AGH from virtual machines or routers with tighter memory constraints then our own, then you would have an understanding of what I mean. You should review the latest memory issues posted to AGH github.

Case and point, this is an issue posted by someone running AGH on an RPI 1 which would be more comparable to running it on our routers than it would be if it were an RPI 4 with 4gb of ram.

https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdGuardHome/issues/6389

Screenshot_20240207_075853_Samsung Internet.jpg

Here is another one where there is an actual feature request in place to resolve memory usage issues.

As far as I can tell, your concerns presented here need to be issues raised with the Adguardhome development team on their issue tracker. Maybe you and other users here on the forum could collect data highlighting the issues you are experiencing collectively and submit an issue using their github template.

Last edited:
Question i'm a recent convert from diversion to Adguard home and install was fine and everything looks good.

1707338936913.png

For the account info for this below do I need to create one?

1707338962445.png

Question i'm a recent convert from diversion to Adguard home and install was fine and everything looks good.

View attachment 56274

For the account info for this below do I need to create one?

View attachment 56275
No you just sign in using the login name and password you chose during the install process. There is no "real" account. Just login security measures for you webui on the router.

I have configured a log server on my Synology NAS. It gives me longer term log storage and archival as well as a basic search capability in order to find things that I'm looking for, especially when running Skynet with its logging enabled.
Hi Visortgw! I tried this too but the data reports scroll so fast in the window I am unable to keep up or copy it viewing the log window on the NAS. I am unsure how to view the actual logs it makes though and doesnt seem to have a viewer for this. Is there a better way you may have set it up besides utilizing synology log viewer?

Thanks!

Hi Visortgw! I tried this too but the data reports scroll so fast in the window I am unable to keep up or copy it viewing the log window on the NAS. I am unsure how to view the actual logs it makes though and doesnt seem to have a viewer for this. Is there a better way you may have set it up besides utilizing synology log viewer?

Thanks!
A couple of options I have used:

1) use Log Viewer search function; or
2) use Log Viewer to export to text file.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!