What's new

Admin//System page question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

laser

Occasional Visitor
Merlin
On the admin system page, what is the specified IP selection for? I am running my router in AP mode and was playing around with this selection trying to see what it did. I selected an IP from the list and entered it. Once this is applied, the router was unreachable from any PC except the one listed in this selection. If I tried to delete it, I get an error that this cannot be left blank.

Using build 264.22 other than this it seems to be running very well.

Thanks
Steve

That list is to control which IP is allowed to remotely manage the router.

Makes sense, is it a bug that once you enter an IP that it can not be removed. you can change it but never completely remove it.

Steve

Makes sense, is it a bug that once you enter an IP that it can not be removed. you can change it but never completely remove it.

Steve

No problem removing them here. Assuming you don't lock yourself out by not entering your own IP on that list.

Steve

Are you just trying to enter a blank text field (ie remove the ip and hit return), or are you using the add/remove button just to the right of the text box?

I use the +/- button and when I select apply a message pops up telling me it can not be blank.

Edit**
I looked at it again today and found the "use specific IP" radio button checked -unchecked that and I was able to delete the IP.
Thanks for the help guys.
Steve

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!