What's new

Administration- ASUS notice (for privacy) -- where is the withdraw option located?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

new_berlin

Occasional Visitor
In my router, the "Administration - ASUS NOTICE( for privacy )" contains the following verbiage:
"Please note that users are required to agree to share their information before using DDNS, Remote Connection (ASUS Router APP、Lyra APP、AiCloud、AiDisk), AiProtection, Traffic analyzer, Apps analyzer, Adaptive QoS, Game Boost and Web history. At any time, users can search the contents of the terms at this page or stop sharing their information with other parties by choosing Withdraw."

If I wish to "withdraw" at some point in the future, where do I do so? I see no link or option available -- does this mean that i never agreed to share info with other parties in the first place or is there some other website I need to visit? I did turn on the "parental protection" feature, hence the question.

This says "If you would like to disable sharing your information with Trend Micro through the above functions, please go to: Router web GUI > Advanced settings > Administration > Privacy". If you don't see the option I would assume you haven't enabled any of those functions.

Last edited:
In my router, the "Administration - ASUS NOTICE( for privacy )" contains the following verbiage:
"Please note that users are required to agree to share their information before using DDNS, Remote Connection (ASUS Router APP、Lyra APP、AiCloud、AiDisk), AiProtection, Traffic analyzer, Apps analyzer, Adaptive QoS, Game Boost and Web history. At any time, users can search the contents of the terms at this page or stop sharing their information with other parties by choosing Withdraw."

If I wish to "withdraw" at some point in the future, where do I do so? I see no link or option available -- does this mean that i never agreed to share info with other parties in the first place or is there some other website I need to visit? I did turn on the "parental protection" feature, hence the question.
I spent a few minutes using the search tool/feature at the upper right of the browser window trying to find a specific reference to [How to/Where to} withdraw from the EULA, so then I could RECOMMEND that you do the same and use the SEARCH window. Not easy to find (still haven't found a post directly referencing that issue). Lots of discussions about the privacy/security "issue". Too bad the search feature isn't like a AI Google search, learning/guessing very accurately what the user wants via many prior searches by others and to get them there.

...And BTW, I already knew how to do it. ;) I would have directly offered you the info where to find it also, but ColinTaylor beat me to it.

Last edited:

For my RT-AC86U router, I have the "WITHDRAW" button located right under the notice:

ASUS NOTICE.jpg

For my RT-AC86U router, I have the "WITHDRAW" button located right under the notice:

View attachment 31686
In the OP's posting the wording of his ASUS NOTICE(for privacy) didn't offer the comment "please click [Withdraw] below". so he didn't have that option when he first enabled "parental protection" feature. That is what begged the question from him about withdrawing sometime in the future (which both you and ColinTaylor have answered completely).

Thank you all for helping out. The screenshot from ColDen makes it quite clear that the withdraw link/button should it exist will be on the privacy page itself.
I do not have that button available, which i will take as an indication that the parental-controls feature does not send out any data (this does make sense because in the ancient original asus firmware, this feature was available without any separate eula).

So just to clarify:

The "withdraw" button will ONLY SHOW UP if the feature you use WILL SEND your data to Trend Micro.

Example: ASUS Privacy stated the following in my RT-AX86U:

Please note that users are required to agree to share their information before using DDNS, Remote Connection (ASUS Router APP、Lyra APP、AiCloud、AiDisk), AiProtection, Traffic analyzer, Apps analyzer, Adaptive QoS, Game Boost and Web history. At any time, users can search the contents of the terms at this page or stop sharing their information with other parties by choosing Withdraw.

I enabled DDNS but I do not see the "withdraw" button. So I assume turning on DDNS will NOT send data to Trend Micro?

FWIW, I am using ASUS stock firmware.

So just to clarify:

The "withdraw" button will ONLY SHOW UP if the feature you use WILL SEND your data to Trend Micro.

Example: ASUS Privacy stated the following in my RT-AX86U:

I enabled DDNS but I do not see the "withdraw" button. So I assume turning on DDNS will NOT send data to Trend Micro?

FWIW, I am using ASUS stock firmware.
I use Merlin 386.3_2 and there are two withdraw options. One is with Asus and the other with Trend Micro

1630644159139.png

If I wish to "withdraw" at some point in the future, where do I do so?
You would do so on that same Privacy page. You are likely not seeing the Withdraw button because you likely have not enabled any of the various options that would trigger the sharing of information with Asus/third parties which there by triggers the activation of the Withdraw button/option.

Here is an example. Normally I don't have any of the various options that trigger Asus/third party information sharing enabled. So I don't see the Withdraw button.
Privacy.jpg

Now if I go in and enable, for example, AiProtection (and agree to the TrendMicro agreement) then the Withdraw button and some extra information/links show up on the Privacy page.
PrivacyWithdraw.jpg

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!