What's new

ADSL 2 Router Advice for High Simultaneous Connections

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MikeUK

New Around Here
Hi there all, i have been reading a lot of reviews and going through charts etc but i am still not sure which is a right router for a below usage.

My friend has a taxi business and currently he has dg834 v1 and he had it for nearly 3 years now.

His usage is every taxi driver has a windows mobile 6 pdas which connects to the network and main communication between server and pdas are when jobs are sent to pdas and also keep a live messages & gps positions sent from pda itself. So there is constant communication going on at all times. Data sent/received are relatively few kilobytes.

The problem:
Considering roughly around 150 pdas, many of them lose connection to the server thus they cant sent any jobs or see their positions. This happens more when no of pdas used increases.

When i have done a test on few of the pdas i can see they do have gprs connection and can surf internet but can't connect to server. I can ping routers wan ip but it just doesn't connect to server.

So we are looking for new adsl 2 router which can accept more simultaneous connections or has a higher Nat capability then the current router.

Current Lan is Gigabit enabled and pdas connect to server via port forwarding to server ip.

Anyone have any suggestions or knowledge they can share. Thank you in advance.