What's new

Advice on fastest option

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hkphooey

New Around Here
Hi guy's
I have just installed BT gigabit FFTP, I get decent wireless speed approx. 500mbps when I'm right on top of the hub 2, which isn't really any use as its right at the back of the house.
I currently have a Deco R4 mesh set up, the base is on the ground floor, and then i have one on the first floor an the third is in my loft conversion.
I have a cat 6 cable running from the BT hub under floor to the lounge with a router repeater and main deco unit connected for wifi at front of the house.

I am wanting better speeds on the mesh system currently its approx 250 on ground and 100 in loft.
What would be the best options please for approx £300 ? was looking at the X55 Deco's but would love some advice please.
I am mainly running firestick 4k and xboxes on the wireless on all levels
Best bang for buck.

Last edited:
Hi @hkphooey
I don't know what is Deco R4.
Deco X55 is a good solution. For long distances, ethernet backhaul can also help.

Last edited:
Hi @hkphooey
I don't know what is Deco R4.
Deco X55 is a good solution. For long distances, ethernet backhaul can also help.
Hi
Sorry M4 mesh 3 Pack, unfortunately wired isn't a option for me.
I'm trying to get similar hub wireless speeds in the other rooms.
Just ordered a Asus RT-AX86S Dual Band WiFi 6 AX5700
Which will be here today to replace my BT hub

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!