What's new

[Advise] 2022 (new?) wifi6e m.2 laptop network cards? Recommendations, Please

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Not sure about recent candela ATH-10K drivers but the ones from a few years back, around late 2017-2018 I think, when compared to the standard one in OpenWRT had some stability issues. So I ended up using the regular ATH-10K drivers when learning to compile OpenWRT (LEDE back then while they were still split) builds on the R7800.

Good to know MediTek is more open, have you worked with their chipsets by any chance?

IIRC - the ath10k-ct drivers have been default for some time on most, if not all, OpenWRT targets... the CT drivers have improved quite a bit.

MediaTek - I've not done much directly with them, however, they are on my monitor list due to activities on both 11ax and 11ax - the initial batch of 11ax OpenWRT support (snapshots and community builds) has been on MediaTek (Belkin RT3200/Linksys E8450). Should also point out the Netgear R6220, which is fully supported as a WiFi5/AC1200 class router/AP...