What's new

After I successfully enabled VPN connection, ASUS RT-AC3200 web UI freezes when navigating back to VPN settings page

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Vic in LI

New Around Here
On my ASUS RT-AC3200 running the latest firmware from August 2020 (3.0.0.4.382_52288-gcc0dc96), in the router admin GUI, VPN client page, I created OpenVPN client connections to NordVPN for UDP and TCP protocols. I have enabled the UDP connection and am currently connected successfully. I have not enabled the TCP connection. Now I need to access a site that is blocking access over VPN, but I can't get back to the VPN client page because when I open the VPN page the UI freezes until I have a timeout error in the browser. If I wait several minutes, I can log back in to the UI, but again it freezes on the VPN page. I have tried rebooting the router, but that hasn't helped. Any ideas for how to access the VPN UI or otherwise disable the VPN connection, short of a factory reset?

Try rebooting it without it being connected to the WAN.

Thank you @L&LD! After rebooting with the WAN disconnected, I was able to access the VPN page and I could see both connections disabled. Reconnecting the WAN automatically reconnected the UDP VPN connection, but then I was able to click the Disable button, which successfully disconnected the VPN while on the WAN.

@L&LD, I am seeing exactly the same issue. Is there a reason why this happens?

Does it mean I will not be able to connect to the router and change things while the VPN connection is active?

Many thanks

Welcome to the forums @gmcnab.

I do not know the reason it happens. Que sera sera...

Sorry, I do not use a paid VPN service (I have no use for what they promise and can not give).

Thanks for your update @L&LD.

It's strange as sometimes the UI freezes and times out and other times it is fine.

As you say ...Que sera sera...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!