What's new

AI mesh client: merlin or stock firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

datan

Occasional Visitor
What's the consensus on whether to use Merlin or stock firmware for AI mesh client?

main: 86u
client: 68u

Last edited:
I use Merlin on both of mine and it works very good.

Last edited:
If you do not need Merlins added features, use the stock Asus.

not only added features, but also enhancements and fixing some of the known issues and limitations

Working great for my setup also all on Merlin 384.19 !

What's the consensus on whether to use Merlin or stock firmware for AI mesh client?

main: 86u
client: 68u

I would think that standardizing on Asuswrt-Merlin across all nodes would ensure similar/compatible Asuswrt components, if this matters. I believe AiMesh is closed-source within Asuswrt-Merlin.

OE

Last edited:
Since using a mesh setup several months ago, I've kept both the AC86U router and AC68U node on the same Merlin versions, so currently both are on 348.19, without any issues.

thanks everyone. as far as I understand, there's no way to access the node webui once it becomes an aimesh node right?

Whatever you choose, it should be the same firmware 'flavor' for both.

RMerlin firmware is still the one I would suggest though. More performance, fixes, options (even if you don't use them today), and better stability too.

Post 8 question: Not yet. :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!