What's new

AI Protection features downgraded on newer firmware - after 384.6

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gary Atkinson

New Around Here
Long time reader, first-time poster. Really appreciate all the help you guys give everyone.

I have an AC3200 router and really like the AI Protection features for protecting my children. In 384.6, there are multiple DNS filtering capabilities from Norton, OpenDNS, Yandex and Comodo. I can use different levels of protection for the different ages of my children. However, when I upgraded to the newest (stable not beta) firmware (384.10-2), The options had reverted back to a much simpler model using only OpenDNS. I have tried a couple of other versions between 384.6 and 384.10 and it looks like 384.6 is the last version to support the enhanced protection features.

So my question is; is this intentional or has something been missed out of the build command for the firmware?

Many thanks,

Gary

Welcome - as a poster, and a reader!

I might be misunderstanding you, in which case, sorry, but I wonder if this coincided with the move of the DNSFilter from AIProtection to the LAN page. If you go to LAN and DNSFilter and then Filter Mode at the bottom, is that what you mean? And there are 3 Custom slots in there in case the 9 or so third-party ones aren't to your liking. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Last edited:
You are referring to DNSFilter, which was moved to the LAN page, as it didn't belong there (it's not a feature developed by Trend Micro but by myself).

I recommend browsing the changelog when upgrading firmware version - this was documented in there at the time.

Welcome - as a poster, and a reader!

I might be misunderstanding you, in which case, sorry, but I wonder if this coincided with the move of the DNSFilter from AIProtection to the LAN page. If you go to LAN and DNSFilter and then Filter Mode at the bottom, is that what you mean? And there are 3 Custom slots in there in case the 9 or so third-party ones aren't to your liking. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Thanks. Much appreciated

You are referring to DNSFilter, which was moved to the LAN page, as it didn't belong there (it's not a feature developed by Trend Micro but by myself).

I recommend browsing the changelog when upgrading firmware version - this was documented in there at the time.

I usually do. I must have missed it. Thanks for the clarification.