What's new

Aimesh and daisy chain not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Andreaz

Occasional Visitor
Hi,
3 x AC68U.
#1 main
#2 node - ethernet backhaul
#3 node - wireless from node #2 (who is closest.)

I get no connection to the #3 node, what so ever, except when it is placed next to the main. There it works wireless. (I installed it wireless) It seems that it just want to connect to #1 main, and not #2 via wireless.

I even tried to put it next to the node, but still not connected via wireless. Any idea?
(It works if I put a eth cable in wan, off course) :)

Attachments

• ac68-daisy.JPG
    ac68-daisy.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 819
Hi,
3 x AC68U.
#1 main
#2 node - ethernet backhaul
#3 node - wireless from node #2 (who is closest.)

I get no connection to the #3 node, what so ever, except when it is placed next to the main. There it works wireless. (I installed it wireless) It seems that it just want to connect to #1 main, and not #2 via wireless.

I even tried to put it next to the node, but still not connected via wireless. Any idea?
(It works if I put a eth cable in wan, off course) :)

You meant your wifi client can't access internet via Node 3, is't correct ?

no, #3 do not connect to #2 via wireless. only ethernet. and i must use wireless with the #3 node. (garage)
If I put it next to main it will connect with wireless to it, but not to node #2, even if it is next to it, like in my picture.

no, #3 do not connect to #2 via wireless. only ethernet. and i must use wireless with the #3 node. (garage)
If I put it next to main it will connect with wireless to it, but not to node #2, even if it is next to it, like in my picture.

Could you try to unplug ethernet backhaul in Node 3 ?

It is not connected with ethernet backhaul.
My main router has one node connected with ethernet backhaul. This is working great.
Now I want to put a new mesh node in my garage. Its just a few meters from my first node, so I thougt the second node could connect to the first node with wireless? But it does not. It will only connect if close to main router or with ethernet backhaul.

It is not connected with ethernet backhaul.
My main router has one node connected with ethernet backhaul. This is working great.
Now I want to put a new mesh node in my garage. Its just a few meters from my first node, so I thougt the second node could connect to the first node with wireless? But it does not. It will only connect if close to main router or with ethernet backhaul.

Base on your description, according to you use ethernet backhaul between Main and Node 2, Node 3 will connected with Nodes who's signal stronger.

Base on your description, according to you use ethernet backhaul between Main and Node 2, Node 3 will connected with Nodes who's signal stronger.

yes, correct. But as you can see in the picture i had in first post, even when node 3 is next to node 2, it still do not connect to it via wireless, so it remain offline.
only way it work is with ethernet backhaul or put it close to main box.
(ethernet I can not put in my garage, not untill the winther is over and the ground not frozen) :)

What you're describing is AiMesh working as a hub/spoke type "mesh" whereby each node needs a direct link back to the main controlling AiMesh router. No idea if that's how AiMesh is designed to work or not? If that's the case, could you swap the position of router 1 and 2 so position 2 becomes the hub?

I made a small graphics display of how it works (or rather not work) at my place.
My question is: Can Node #2 connect to Node #1 when Node #2 can not reach Main with wireless? At my place this do not work at all, even when I put Node #2 next to Node #1 (no cable, just wifi).

Attachments

• daisy-chain.jpg
    daisy-chain.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 946
I made a small graphics display of how it works (or rather not work) at my place.
My question is: Can Node #2 connect to Node #1 when Node #2 can not reach Main with wireless? At my place this do not work at all, even when I put Node #2 next to Node #1 (no cable, just wifi).

if Node #2 can connect to main by ethernet or wifi, Node #2 wifi service shall be available for Node 3 be connected.

May i know these three RT-AC68Us are converted by TM-AC1900 ?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!