What's new

AiMesh, channel 36 for primary (GT-AX6000), but different channels for nodes (RT-AX86U) automatically

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Phil_Libra

New Around Here
I set 5GHz channel 36 for primary router (GT-AX6000), also enabled 160MHz, then I find all nodes (two RT-AX86U) use different channels (like 149) automatically.

I found someone said this problem only exist in new firmwares from someday in 2022.

I also turned the nodes to AP mode, fixed channel 36 and 160MHz enabled, but the nodes can only use 80MHz when 20/40/80/160MHz mode and 160MHz when 160MHz mode.

Can anybody help me to set all my nodes to the same channel when I use AiMesh?

GT-AX6000: 3.0.0.6.102_21514
RT-AX86U: 3.0.0.4.388_23285

I am also having a similar issue with AX6000 as master and AX3000 as Node as well as AX6000 as master and another AX6000 as Node. I am totally confused on how to force the node to use 160 Mhz channels only

The firmware 3.0.0.6.102_21514 of GT-AX6000 is buggy, the AiMesh doesn’t work correctly. You can use Merlin firmware 3004.388.4_0 and all works as expected.

Last edited:
Wired AiMesh? Because if wireless this is impossible.

I set 5GHz channel 36 for primary router (GT-AX6000), also enabled 160MHz, then I find all nodes (two RT-AX86U) use different channels (like 149) automatically.
GT-AX6000: 3.0.0.6.102_21514
RT-AX86U: 3.0.0.4.388_23285
Sounds to me like maybe they've fixed in the "6" series what I've always considered to be a major downside of AiMesh. Have never understood use of all the same channel(s) on all broadcasters no matter what; what a waste of performance capability.

Are your nodes using the same channels as each other, or different between them? Hopefully this is a new scheme in which the nodes will be (made to be?) able to independently use channels best-suited to each location. It's easy to envision different locations within an entire system having differing clear spectrum availability.

Sounds to me like maybe they've fixed in the "6" series what I've always considered to be a major downside of AiMesh. Have never understood use of all the same channel(s) on all broadcasters no matter what; what a waste of performance capability.

Are your nodes using the same channels as each other, or different between them? Hopefully this is a new scheme in which the nodes will be (made to be?) able to independently use channels best-suited to each location. It's easy to envision different locations within an entire system having differing clear spectrum availability.
am also facing the same issue. I have the same config like @Phil_Libra , I have noticed that the Nodes and the master are on different channels and rarely have they come on the same channel. Different channel is not an issue but master is configured as 160 Mhz-only bandwidth and the node not conforming to the configuration of the master frustrates the basic construct of the Aimesh

Isn't the 3.0.0.6 series using the next iteration of mesh? (Perhaps mistaken but thought I saw that somewhere.) Maybe you folks need to back off of that on the master until it's available also for your nodes?

Have never understood use of all the same channel(s) on all broadcasters no matter what; what a waste of performance capability.

Using the same channel is required for wireless backhaul, yes?

Probably a good idea not to mix 3.0.0.4 and 3.0.0.6 firmware.

OE