What's new

Aimesh configuration

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Galaad

Occasional Visitor
Hi everyone.

At home I have an AX11000 as the main router and 4 zen wifi nodes, everything works beatiful and I can't complain.

But recently I bought the ax89x for the 10g ports but when I integrated the AX89X to my ai mesh system I can't find how to configure the 10g ports to act as Wan, my network closet is very far from my ax89x and the Wan port is only 1gb!!!

I'm driving crazy about this so any help is very appreciated

I have not tried this as I use 10G ports for my NAS
This may work, but worth a try, you should also be able to use the SFP+ port with an SFP+ to RJ45 converter to connect to your WAN.
As noted in the picture below
  • Select the WAN options in the vertical Options on the left
  • select the Dual WAN menu options
  • Select 10G from the primary LAN menu
  • Enable Dual WAN
  • Click Apply, the router will restart
From experience, I would power cycle the RT AX89X after this operation, as I have noted some strange behavior after settings change restart

Let me know if this works for you

Attachments

• 7D8CA77C-7F4A-4BCC-8B47-DB25EA9D5372.png
    7D8CA77C-7F4A-4BCC-8B47-DB25EA9D5372.png
    268 KB · Views: 106
Sadly what I use as the brain of my system is the ax11000 so I can only see the configuration of the 11.

I called asus and they say that when you configure the 89 as node in your system it loses all the extra stuff

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210425-183941_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210425-183941_Chrome.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 83
I called asus and they say that when you configure the 89 as node in your system it loses all the extra stuff

Obviously - you turned it into wireless repeater. Why do you need 5 routers in your home?

Because it is very large. Almost 1000 square meters and very old so that means double concrete walls. My AX11000 is sitting in my master bedroom and my bathroom is on the other side of the wall, you wouldn't believe how many times I have problems to connect.

2 are in the second floor, 2 in the first floor and one in my office that is very far from the house

I wouldn't place any high-powered routers in my bedrooms. How they affect our health is still unknown. My approach would be different - multiple wired power adjustable APs with central management, like Ubiquiti in-wall units. Ruckus ZoneFlex APs with their signal routing technology work very well in difficult Wi-Fi environments, for example. More expensive, but better than any home router.

I was using tp link a year ago, now I'm in asus. I can't change my system as my wife would kill me.

But RF is safe, we already have thousand of frequencies flying around in our houses so I don't think it can hurt us.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!