What's new

AiMesh for Tri-band routers: RT-AC5300, GT-AC5300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Here you have both screen shots from the app when I can only see the wireless clients in the device list.

Hi

Just updated to the new released firmware 3.0.0.4.384_20648-g21e3702 and I have the latest IOS app, but it still doesn't show the clients correct.

Se the attached pictures. It shows 7 wireless and 17 wired clients, but there's only 3 in the list.
IMG_0478.PNG
IMG_0479.PNG

Hi

Just updated to the new released firmware 3.0.0.4.384_20648-g21e3702 and I have the latest IOS app, but it still doesn't show the clients correct.

Se the attached pictures. It shows 7 wireless and 17 wired clients, but there's only 3 in the list.View attachment 12608 View attachment 12609

Mine shows all 14 of my clients. Maybe clear NVRAM DO NOT RESTORE YOUR SETTINGS and start fresh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone here have two GT-AC5300 setup with AiMesh?? Im looking into this setup rather than an Orbi. I believe Orbi can only do 400 Mbps for 2.4ghz and 866 Mbps for 5ghz .. and the wireless backhaul uses another 5ghz channel on a 1733 Mbps link. Anyone know how the GT-AC5300 setup would work out??

Does anyone here have two GT-AC5300 setup with AiMesh?? Im looking into this setup rather than an Orbi. I believe Orbi can only do 400 Mbps for 2.4ghz and 866 Mbps for 5ghz .. and the wireless backhaul uses another 5ghz channel on a 1733 Mbps link. Anyone know how the GT-AC5300 setup would work out??

I have that setup. Works fine...wouldn't let max speeds be your deciding factor as you won't ever see those speeds anyway. Fastest I get wirelessly is about 400-450 Mbps on any of my devices. Have actually considered using the GT-AC5300 as my router and Orbi as my APs.

I stay in 3 floored townhome. i have Netgear R8500 router in my 2nd floor. i et weak signal on my master bedroom ( 3rd floor) and on my garage ( 1st floor). i have almost 40 plus devices connected to the network ( security cameras, ps3, tv, ipads, phones laptops etc).
all my bedrooms are hard wired with ethernet. i tried orbi and other Access points with ethernet connection. I am not satisfied as orbi has only 877 Mbps speed ( if i watch 3 blu ray movies from my 3 bedrooms up stairs network lags).
i bought Netgear Ex8000 range extender and it worked fine with ethernet backhaul. BUt ihave to give seperate ssid for it n orr for all 3 bands to connect ( 400+ 877+ 1733)

I saw this Asus aimesh concept. my question here is i will replace my R8500 with Asus AC5300 router and one more AC3100 or AC 2900. i will place AC 3100/2900 on one of my bedroom and connect it with ethernet cable. when i connect using ethernet backhaul, will i get all 3 bands ( tri band) from my upstairs router ?
all the devices on market which i see connects only with 2 bands.
if i get all 3 bands with the same ssid ( to that of main AC 5300) router, then i will go with this route

can anyone help me here

I stay in 3 floored townhome. i have Netgear R8500 router in my 2nd floor. i et weak signal on my master bedroom ( 3rd floor) and on my garage ( 1st floor). i have almost 40 plus devices connected to the network ( security cameras, ps3, tv, ipads, phones laptops etc).
all my bedrooms are hard wired with ethernet. i tried orbi and other Access points with ethernet connection. I am not satisfied as orbi has only 877 Mbps speed ( if i watch 3 blu ray movies from my 3 bedrooms up stairs network lags).
i bought Netgear Ex8000 range extender and it worked fine with ethernet backhaul. BUt ihave to give seperate ssid for it n orr for all 3 bands to connect ( 400+ 877+ 1733)

I saw this Asus aimesh concept. my question here is i will replace my R8500 with Asus AC5300 router and one more AC3100 or AC 2900. i will place AC 3100/2900 on one of my bedroom and connect it with ethernet cable. when i connect using ethernet backhaul, will i get all 3 bands ( tri band) from my upstairs router ?
all the devices on market which i see connects only with 2 bands.
if i get all 3 bands with the same ssid ( to that of main AC 5300) router, then i will go with this route

can anyone help me here
Yes you will get all 3 bands with the same SSID or different SSID (your preference).

Just wanted to get more information on this Aimesh system, I know stupid question because I have this set up as of yesterday, RT AC5300 as my main and a RT AC1900P as the node. And this is hard wired from the 5300 to the 1900p router.

So from what I am have been reading here is that I should still have all three bands on my 5300 and the 1900p has just extended my network on my second floor office.

So now I have additional bands on the 1900p or just extended my coverage area upstairs? I know stupid question, but I am extremely new to this Aimesh system and have always just had one router in my house.

I love to tinker with this kind of stuff and wanted to try this to come up with better coverage in my house.

I am open to any and all suggestions to better set my house up.

Thank you all very much for all the post that have been posted for me to read.

Also another question when looking at the app on my phone and looking into the settings on Aimesh, I see the connection quality show only three of the four bars on the 1900p showing instead of all four. Is this normal?

Also interface is showing 5GHZ.

Is all of this normal when it even shows the 1900p as wire connection?

Again I am new and trying to learn this stuff.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: