What's new

AiMesh Issues - Factory Reset and JFFS Packages Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rugglebear

Occasional Visitor
I keep finding similar questions, but not exactly what I'm looking to understand.

My routers are all RT-AC68U
I've updated them to Merlin 386.7_2

I'm having several separate issues.

- My multiple Google Home devices now stutter and cut out while playing music (together or separately)
- I'm currently using a single router, but wanted to try AiMesh again. When trying to connect a node after performing a WPS Factory Reset on the node, the main router can find the node and attempt to connect, and ramp up to 100% during the connection process but ultimately give the message "Unable to add your AiMesh Node RT-AC68U"

I was thinking a solution could be to downgrade my firmware back to something like 384.19 because I never had any issues back then.

If I were to do that, can I just dirty flash it and be done with it?
But if I wanted to do it "cleanly", could I/should I backup and restore my JFFS script somehow? I read from someone on here that doing so would be the exact same as a dirty flash though. The only thing I use JFFS scripts for is AMTM, Diversion, and Skynet.
How would I go about backup/restoring the JFFS script? Do I need to just remove the USB stick from my router, and plug it back in after downgrading?

Thanks.

I was thinking a solution could be to downgrade my firmware back to something like 384.19 because I never had any issues back then.
That's what I've had to do when adding my 68U's as nodes. However, IIRC, I only needed to roll the node back to 384.19 (or some 384 variant). So no issue with doing a factory reset. All the custom confige are on the main/parent router. Once paired, I just flash the node to current firmware (through the main GUI) without resetting anything. So the process is pretty painless.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!