What's new

aimesh merlin ac86u and asuswrt node ax68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

waspinator

New Around Here
I installed 386.3_2 on an ax68u acting as a aimesh node thinking it would be a good idea to have the same version firmware on my router and node. But it looks like asmesh node is having issues connecting, it always shows up as "Connection Quality Disconnected".

So I removed the ax68u as a node, flashed it back to asuswrt 3.0.0.4.386_45911, factory reset, and reconnected as a node. But it still has the same issue, always shows up as "Connection Quality Disconnected". I have the router and node connected with an ethernet cable between LAN ports and "Ethernet Backhaul Mode" turned on. Strange thing is that the "Clients" number isn't 0, seemingly actually allowing devices to connect.

Has anyone tried this combo of devices, I'm thinking maybe they aren't compatible?

I installed 386.3_2 on an ax68u acting as a aimesh node thinking it would be a good idea to have the same version firmware on my router and node. But it looks like asmesh node is having issues connecting, it always shows up as "Connection Quality Disconnected".

So I removed the ax68u as a node, flashed it back to asuswrt 3.0.0.4.386_45911, factory reset, and reconnected as a node. But it still has the same issue, always shows up as "Connection Quality Disconnected". I have the router and node connected with an ethernet cable between LAN ports and "Ethernet Backhaul Mode" turned on. Strange thing is that the "Clients" number isn't 0, seemingly actually allowing devices to connect.

Has anyone tried this combo of devices, I'm thinking maybe they aren't compatible?

Have you tried wiring the node WAN to the router LAN?

OE

No, for some reason that didnt come to mind. And now it works, thanks!

Cool... it's nice to solve one every now and then! :)

Someone else here might suggest using the AX68U as the router... I'm not familiar with it to say... the AC86U does have hardware encryption for VPN use.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!