What's new

Aimesh node and jffs scripts

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

harbinger1080

New Around Here
I've got an AC-RT68U and an AC-RT66U B1 both running merlin 384.19. I've had the 68U running Merlin for years as the router, and 66U is the aimesh mode as of today. So far, aimesh is running great.

I kept reading about people implementing crontab jobs on their aimesh nodes, and I'm trying to do the same. I'm having an impossible time getting services-start to run. I have read that the node should pick up the jffs scripts option from the router, just as it has my SSH key. The SSH key appears to have transferred, but not the jffs scripts option. I don't need help troubleshooting the scripts themselves-- but I do see the error in syslog stating:
Found services-start, but custom script execution is disabled!

Is there a cli command I can use to enable jffs scripts on the node? If not, what is the process for enabling jffs scritps on the node? Do I need to enable it and THEN pair it as an aimesh node?

Thanks in advance!

edit:
in case I am doing something stupid in my scripts that is somehow causing this:

Code:
admin@RT-AC66U_B1-9F48:/jffs/scripts# ls -la
drwxr-xr-x    2 admin    root             0 Sep 25 21:25 .
drwxr-xr-x    8 admin    root             0 Sep 25 21:54 ..
-rwxrwxrwx    1 admin    root            82 Sep 25 21:23 inettest.sh
-rwxrwxrwx    1 admin    root            66 Sep 25 21:27 services-start
admin@RT-AC66U_B1-9F48:/jffs/scripts# cat inettest.sh
#!/bin/sh

ping -c5 1.1.1.1

if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
        echo "ok"
else
        reboot now
fi
admin@RT-AC66U_B1-9F48:/jffs/scripts# cat services-start 
#!/bin/sh
cru a inettest "*/30 * * * * /jffs/scripts/inettest.sh"
admin@RT-AC66U_B1-9F48:/jffs/scripts# cat /jffs/syslog.log | grep services-start
May  5 01:05:13 custom_script: Found services-start, but custom script execution is disabled!
May  5 01:05:13 custom_script: Found services-start, but custom script execution is disabled!
admin@RT-AC66U_B1-9F48:/jffs/scripts#

THAT is what I needed. Man that was killing me... I probably should've been able to figure that out or read it! Thanks!