What's new

Aimesh node firmware?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

szimat

Occasional Visitor
I have two RT-N66U B1 rourers.
Main router running latest Merlin stable.
I added the second router as Aimesh node (over wifi, not possible to use cable), running latest stock fw from Asus.

Question: should I use latest Merlin on the node router too? I read here somewhere that it is better to use same fw on both main router and node.

I would. :)

But if you are not seeing any issues, just enjoy it for now. :)

Ok, so I upgraded the node's fw to latest Merlin.
The Aimesh network seams more stable now, didn't have (yet) any glitchea. And the signal and speeds are great in the whole are needed to be covered. I have full and strong 5 GHz coverage everywhere where needed. Did some settings according to the instructions in the post (like having 5 GHz set to 80 MHz).

Will see on longer run. Btw, I think Merlin can't be auto updated from router GUI, or I am wrong? If it can be, how about the node router fw upgrade? How to get newest Merlin there?

how about the node router fw upgrade? How to get newest Merlin there?

The Firmware Upgrade page on the main router will list all nodes, with separate Upload links to upgrade them.

Ok, so I upgraded the node's fw to latest Merlin.
The Aimesh network seams more stable now, didn't have (yet) any glitchea. And the signal and speeds are great in the whole are needed to be covered. I have full and strong 5 GHz coverage everywhere where needed. Did some settings according to the instructions in the post (like having 5 GHz set to 80 MHz).

Will see on longer run. Btw, I think Merlin can't be auto updated from router GUI, or I am wrong? If it can be, how about the node router fw upgrade? How to get newest Merlin there?

Would you mind specifying which specific versions of firmware you are referring to? As I understand it N66U doesn't support Ai-Mesh in stock so I'm interested to know what versions of stock and Merlin you have been using to get Ai-Mesh working on your N66U routers.

Would you mind specifying which specific versions of firmware you are referring to? As I understand it N66U doesn't support Ai-Mesh in stock so I'm interested to know what versions of stock and Merlin you have been using to get Ai-Mesh working on your N66U routers.
HW ver B1
Probably meant AC66U, which uses AC68U FW