What's new

Aimesh Routers Firmware Upgrades

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

herbl

New Around Here
I am going to create a Aimesh Home Network using Asus Routers, Main Router and 2 Nodes.

I understand that all Routers need to be upgraded to the latest firmware and then Factory Reset.

Question: The Main Router will be a newer different model than the 2 Nodes so, do I upgrade the same firmware to all 3 Routers, or do the Nodes get there own latest native firmware?

Thanks!

Install the router. The firmware will upgrade when you set it up. Start the nodes and add them to the AiMesh. They will detect the upgrade and prompt you to do it. Or set the main router to Auto Upgrade and let it do its thing over night.
Worse case you may have to upgrade the nodes off line.

The Main Router will be a newer different model than the 2 Nodes so

AiMesh works best with identical routers and wired backhaul. Your mix may not work as advertised.

do I upgrade the same firmware to all 3 Routers, or do the Nodes get there own latest native firmware?

Different routers get own firmware updates. You'll have to update them separately, when updates are available.

AiMesh works best with identical routers and wired backhaul. Your mix may not work as advertised.

Different routers get own firmware updates. You'll have to update them separately, when updates are available.
Thanks to all for the reply!

I am planning to use the (now on order) RT-AX86U Router for the main and 2 AiMesh nodes using RT-RT-2900. Too my knowledge, Asus certified both for AiMesh use.

Any further comment on these as to why they may not work optimally for my system use?

Thanks!!

IMHO, I would setup the AX86 and see if you really need the AIMesh nodes. Think about the location of the AX86 (as central as you can get it, as high as you can off of the wall). In my case I was able to run some coax behind a couch to get to home center line and not need an AIMesh node.