What's new

AiMesh RT-AX92U: Disable LEDs on the second unit

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JokerPower

Regular Contributor
Hello

I have a question regarding LED control. I've turned on the option to disable LED by clicking the WPS button on the router. The problem is that it disables it only on the main unit. How can I turn off the LED on the second unit?

Many thanks

I do not know about the AX92 but on my 1900P I am running Merlin and installed the LED disable script in amtm by using an ssh session into my AiMesh node.

I know this thread is a few months old, but did you find a solution? I can ssh into the node but I don't know what command controls the LEDs. I found a reference to "led_disable", but my `nvram show` output doesn't show that property.

Update: I'm 90% sure that the `led_disable` property applies to Merlin firmware. I used the "feedback" tab to inform Asus that the "WPS button behavior" setting seems to apply to the base router but not the mesh node, I'll update this post if I hear back from them.

Have you found a solution for this problem yet? It's very annoying the disabling on the second system doesn't work, especially when the second system is in a bedroom and you need it to be dark there.

Sorry I forgot to come back and update this. Yeah, there was a big update that completely overhauled that AiMesh page and added (among other things) individual settings for the nodes.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!