What's new

Aimesh says the mesh node is disconnected

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

randerson0248

New Around Here
I recently purchased 2 routers: ax1800s and ax55. I used the ax1800s as the mesh router and the ax55 as the mesh node. During setup I had the ax1800s connected to the ax55 by ethernet cable. The setup seemed to go ok and after the setup was finished, I got message that setup was successful. Everything seems ok, but the web interface says the ax55 node is not connected. The system is operating as if everything IS connected. The web interface says "your aimesh node cannot connect to your uplink aimesh device." I have about 20 devices connected including 9 ip cameras, tablets, laptops, VOIP telephone, printer, desktop. Everything works. I think maybe the wired connection is not working, giving the no connection message. But, the mesh router and node are connected by wifi. Any ideas about what is going on? I don't have much experience with these things and just follow directions on setup.

I recently purchased 2 routers: ax1800s and ax55. I used the ax1800s as the mesh router and the ax55 as the mesh node. During setup I had the ax1800s connected to the ax55 by ethernet cable. The setup seemed to go ok and after the setup was finished, I got message that setup was successful. Everything seems ok, but the web interface says the ax55 node is not connected. The system is operating as if everything IS connected. The web interface says "your aimesh node cannot connect to your uplink aimesh device." I have about 20 devices connected including 9 ip cameras, tablets, laptops, VOIP telephone, printer, desktop. Everything works. I think maybe the wired connection is not working, giving the no connection message. But, the mesh router and node are connected by wifi. Any ideas about what is going on? I don't have much experience with these things and just follow directions on setup.
Do you have the backhaul priority set to Ethernet? If so set it to Auto.

Thanks bbunge. It was originally auto. When I saw the web interface saying the mesh router and mesh node was disconnected I set priority to ethernet. Just switched back to auto. No change, still shows disconnected. The mesh node has 2 ethernet only devices connected to lan ports. Also, many wifi devices connected to the node. All working and visible to the mesh router. Is it possible the the web interface is incorrect about the disconnection? If so, how can I check if the disconnection is real?

Thanks bbunge. It was originally auto. When I saw the web interface saying the mesh router and mesh node was disconnected I set priority to ethernet. Just switched back to auto. No change, still shows disconnected. The mesh node has 2 ethernet only devices connected to lan ports. Also, many wifi devices connected to the node. All working and visible to the mesh router. Is it possible the the web interface is incorrect about the disconnection? If so, how can I check if the disconnection is real?
did it ever get resolved? same thing happened to my nodes overnight

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!